The Official Work Pictures Thread

Certainly was a fair bit of work.

We filled that Tatra 3 times today. There were quite a few onsite. There was 5 on my job. Me and the guy who owns the lorry. He climbs as well as he is an old school forester/horse logger, 3 on the ground and the truck/crane combo.

Hopefully it’s just the shaft and won’t be a major ordeal. I go back with tools tomorrow to pull the shafts and see. Wrecker will be $350 if I need it, basically the same price as the shaft... cheaper than I expected.

That's rough

+1. Dang!

Rich, great pics! That truck is awesome. Mechanical muscle is da bomb!!! :rockon:

Speaking of which, today we nuked a 3.75'x90' beech with the 55t crane, log truck took away 90% of the wood, we took the rest of the small stuff, ground the 6'diameter stump, got it all done in 9 hrs, easy day :drink: And that includes a 10 minute break to listen to a neighbor absolutely freaking out screaming at us about cutting the tree, called us A-holes etc. I was mellow and she eventually gave up.

Hate when shat breaks. Always stresses me out. Fix it toot sweet, but I guess I take it too hard about keeping folks working and holding to my schedule.

Got this one done today. 36" dbh oak on a slope. Vigorous sum beach for as much rot and hollow that was in it. Drifted stuff out into our little work area. Some fodder. Home owner took some pictures as well, see what else I get from them. Guy ended up having to go to the ER with some pancreas issues. The lads and I took it apart in two days. Probably would have been cheaper for him to have the fence guys drop and put the fence back up so I could flop it down the hill, but hey, I 'll take his money. IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0233.JPG
Fodder

I just did a job that had a storm damaged mulberry, just a horrible tree every crotch bark included and splitting. I am sure it was bird planted. Any way it is the customers tree but the neighbor doesn't want it cut down. I even explained it will fail and hit her house but the tree stays.

I cabled the mulberry out back of our old house due to the included bark issues. Wife is an avid birder and doesn't want it down, as the cedar waxwings come 20 or more at a time when the mulberries ripen.

I just did a job that had a storm damaged mulberry, just a horrible tree every crotch bark included and splitting. I am sure it was bird planted. Any way it is the customers tree but the neighbor doesn't want it cut down. I even explained it will fail and hit her house but the tree stays.
Sometimes, they just dont listen. Maybe you will get the call should it fail.
Just looked at three trees the guy had me crown raise for the new roof. Told him then, were it my house, they would not be there. Each leader about 20-24 dbh leaning all over the house.
This time, the storms broke 4-5" limbs out just missing the new roof.
Wife wants them pruned and thinned out. He is teetering on removing or her plan. Nothing to guy them to. Guess they might get a second opinion. :dontknow:
Horse to water kinda thing ....

Worked solo today. Each branch roped down with two attachments to protect the manicured landscape. Lots of going up and down was great to tune in my rope wrench setup.

Attachments

• 20200506_080027.jpg
    20200506_080027.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200506_162544.jpg
    20200506_162544.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
"Lots of going up and down was great to tune in my rope wrench setup. " Busy!!! Solo can be nice...get to set your own pace, no one watching the clock. Nice tree to work.

Back