The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its fuggin crazy.

Um, is there more or less an unlimited supply of metal/steel for us humans to build with?

Good stuff for sure. I'd read about that before but this was concise with good details.

I was laid off a couple years ago and was spending my time watching shark week (don't judge me:lol:) and saw where they had tagged some great whites. They had one that fled some killer whales, it dove super super deep and stayed that low for some ridiculous distance, i think from cali to Hawaii or something like that.

Interesting.

The vid supplied seems to have the songs reversed- 2 is noted as 3 and vice versa

Why zebras have stripes...

@FireFighterZero This might be interesting for you and your horses. Shouldn't cost much more to get a striped coat than a solid one, and your horses might be happier in the summer.

Thanks for sharing that....excellent article. I remember when these runners were first found and discussed, what a shock it was to modern runners. This article makes sense to me....the Tarahumara are like us...a very few are dedicated, disciplined and able to perform magnificent feats...the community around them is important to support that effort (our Olympic athletes for example). And the focus of the extraordinary performer has to be exemplary. I was glad to see them point out the value of the spiritual/inner aspect that helps drive them.

Agreed!

And the link to the study was interesting and accessible too: " Like all ultrarunners, Tarahumara runners are stiff and sore for several days after a race, sometimes limp, and have trouble sitting down and getting up." ;)

That was from the link in the article. It is more comprehensive than the article, also quite interesting.

I saw someone swerve to hit a turtle once. I passed the turtle on the shoulder, and making a quick debate whether or not to stop and help it while watching in the rearview mirror, the fuckhole behind me swerved to hit it...

edit:
Forgot. While I didn't see it happen, I suspect someone swerved to hit a duck. There was a pair nesting by a deep puddle just off the shoulder of the road. I think a truck had stopped there or something, and left deep ruts. Not the best place for a nest, but the shoulder there was 10'+, so as long as the birds stayed off the road, and humans stayed between the lines, the site should have worked. I saw them there for at least a week, maybe two, then one day I saw the drake dead on the edge of pavement; pretty much right at the grassline, and right at the nest site. That tells me he wasn't hit and rolled there. Someone crossed the shoulder to hit the bird :^S

Last edited:

Anyone here into the fine art of RK harvesting? I'd like to but having never field dressed nor butchered anything, that is a stumbling block. I know, I should just step up and do it.

I saw someone swerve to hit a turtle once. I passed the turtle on the shoulder, and making a quick debate whether or not to stop and help it while watching in the rearview mirror, the fuckhole behind me swerved to hit it...
Just wow. Sad.

Collecting roadkill is a pretty good idea. I doubt I'd do it. I don't eat much meat as-is. If I did, I'd concentrate on everything outside the body cavity just for extra insurance against contamination. I fully support others in doing it though.

There's a roadkill call list you can get on up here I think. Might just be a question of knowing the staties in your area.

My buddy's dad got a few hundred lbs from a moose killed on the highway. Lots of good meat even if it's half smashed to bits

That is cool

Back