The Crushing Of The Blaster

Nerves are tricky, they are meant to tell you that you are alive. You would think the brain might tell them at some point that it doesn't need their friggen impulses. Has there ever been any discussion about additional surgery being a possibility for pain relief?

I have a cracked tooth, probably the result of eating lots of ice as a kid. People that chomped down on ice all have cracks, I read. It's ok if the cracks don't loosen up. Cold things gave me a shot, or eating something hard. The dentist said that he could only guarantee no reaction if he took out the nerve, but being a healthy tooth in all other regards, he simply capped it. No problem with eating hard things, but cold is still slightly sensitive. i can live with it, and it might even be getting better it seems. You are right, time to heal properly is much better than killing nerves it seems, whenever possible. Kill a nerve and a part of your living is gone forever.

Nerves are strange things. I have "worms" working from the scar tissue in my arm where I cut it with a saw. No pain, but weird & disturbing all the same.

Wonder if hypnotism could possibly work in a case like yours? It can make a person think that they are a chicken and get rid of phobias, but can it have one not feel pain?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Permanently? I doubt it... I don't really believe I could be hypnotized, but who knows.

I tried acupuncture, to no avail. The guy was cool - he said he'd give me three treatmennts and if it didn't work I only had to pay for one, 40 bucks or so.

I googled Gabapentin. An effective drug, but it seems to have some potential hazards for some individuals. Do you get any side effects? Taking it regular, be mindful.

A friend of mine purchased a veterinarian laser that he uses onhis hands. . He operates a truck with a mechanical arm that is operated from push buttons in the cab. He has all kinds of repetitive motion nerve damage in his hand. . He says it REALLY WORKS. . I think it cost him 2,500$ or so. Since he started using it he has gained motion in his hand and almost totally stopped needing meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It wasn't a tree, it was a lead I was taking out - maybe 25' high and 20" across.

Nerves are strange things. I have "worms" working from the scar tissue in my arm where I cut it with a saw. No pain, but weird & disturbing all the same.

Truth...the skin around my hip surgery incision is weird a year along...like Pete, not pain, just not normal.

Not even in the galaxy of the sort of damage Butch or Jer suffered, I must say.

Perhaps...about 20 years ago I managed to mangle about 3/4's of the first digit of my left index finger with a hole saw...ugly injury, I'm here to say. Still isn't right, nerve sense-wise. Not even close.

But in general, I think you are right, Butch. Finger tips are exceedingly sensitive.

Back