The Crushing Of The Blaster

My doctor reckons he has great results with Laser Acupunture, when my shoulder was playing up last year he gave me a shot.

When I got home I remembered I had an Electronic one I bought years ago, so I dug it out and used that for a week or so twice a day. They seem to work if you follow the chart pressure points.

Mine is pretty old not like this one, they're a bit different now and easier to use but do the same thing really and not expensive.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qJUXgaz4ku0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does every part of your body have what they call an acupressure point? Say if your bicep hurts from overuse strain, is there a point for that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Supposedly so, Jay. I don't know how much I believe in it. Like I said - it didn't do a darned thing for me.

Attachments

• acupuncture 003.jpg
    acupuncture 003.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 41
Does every part of your body have what they call an acupressure point? Say if your bicep hurts from overuse strain, is there a point for that?

Yes, but not everyone is "electric" for lack of a better word. It seems I am very much so, when she gets done with me she sometimes has to put in extra needles to make "connectors" to some points that don't connect. It feels like an arcing coming off the needle until a pathway is made.
But even she says, same as Butch, it doesn't work for everyone!

I have pretty bad nerve damage to my sciatic nerve from a hip dislocation/back injury while on active duty. My toes on my right foot are starting to numb, and my right calf is noticeably smaller from me favoring that leg. The docs have been talking about cold lasers for treatment, but have yet to try them on me. Sounds like they might be able to help. :)

Gary

A good friend of mine suffers from gout. He doesn't over indulge on food or drink, plays tennis a lot and is in good shape, but the gout comes and goes. It seems to be one of those ailments that stays with you. When he has swelling, it looks quite painful by the way he has to walk. He's a mechanic, so no avoiding being on his feet, so it's a real pita. No telling why he got it in the first place, except if there could be a connection to that he used to physically drive himself with sports when younger. Wonder if cold lasers have any potential to ease that problem? That is a joint thing, maybe it wouldn't help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still have problems, probably always will. I guess the weird sensations have reduced by maybe 20%.

I'll muddle through! :)

Sheeit, 10 years ago!!!

You much of a walker, Mik?

I know you are or were a big fan of walking, MB. I was wondering if Mick is.

My Doc recommended drugs to kill the nerve pains, but after reading the long list of possible after effects from the drugs I choose to live with the pain. As I mentioned, it's not chronic".

Butch and Gerry, your accidents are normal safety talk anecdotes on my crew. Fwiw, your accidents are helping to save other people, hopefully.

Truth be told, i tell people not to get crushed regularly, as in during the day, telling people to move to safer positions, particularly the rope man.

Sheeit, 10 years ago!!!

You much of a walker, Mik?

I enjoy a stroll out with the wife and the dog (although the dog has sadly passed away)

I find that it's a great way to declutter the mind, especially to talk with your significant other, there's no distractions on a walk in the countryside, no phones, nothing to do but walk and talk.

I have noticed with my late parents and other older people that the inability to walk a reasonable distance can impact their lives in a negative way.

A simple pleasure, as I say.

Glad to hear you're "ok" Butch, clearly you (and Gerry) have to live with it as best you can.

Keep on keeping on I guess.

Back