The Big Ugly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would rather sell fewer units at a better price since I have no insurance. OK $2500 seems a little high but as I said my next competitor is $8500. Its going to cost $12k to get ainsi cert. Im hoping that the price may deter Hacks from getting them . I feel that it enables me to do 30% more work per day, how much is that worth?? Obviiously Im biased but people who know me will tell you Im honest. Ask Nobivy if his unit speeds up his operation.

It will be a leap of faith for a lot of folks to splurge the loot so I have decided to give a month money back guarantee so if you decide its not for you, you can return it and get your money back. I truely dont think we will get many back.

As to the cost coming down I would bet not. When we eventually get insurance Im sure its going to drive the price through the roof:(

As I have said before I have 4 demo units so once I have all the polish work done folks can give them a spin:)

I think the 30 day guarantee is a good idea. I don't predict many people will want to give that thing back.

...like you said, you don't climb more than 20-30 ft without it anymore. It's like the nice bed I just got. It cost a lot, but I don't think I'd return it for double what I paid, as long as I don't have to go back to sleeping on the futon mat. :lol:

Maybe you'll give the TreeHousers a pre-production discount? ;)

Discount? The asking price is a bargain. I'd pay more than that if I could in order to help Paul succeed in bringing this to market. Asking for a 'discount' is a slap in the face to Paul and all his work and investment developing the Wraptor.

Hey, I ALWAYS ask for a discount. How do you think I got so rich?! :D

Relax, guys. It was said rather tongue in cheek. Remember, I'm the one who said he was selling it too cheap in the first place. Sheesh! :roll:

PCtree I really got to hand it to you for visualizing something like this and seeing it through. It has to be really exciting for you. Anyway good luck with this and maybe it will be cross over to other areas like tower work, military or something like that to broaden the scope of it.

The Kristain thread got me thinking about the old gems hidden here at the house. This one is cool, Gerr's posts are priceless, and lots of Wraptor development stuff

He was a colorful figure here, lots of crazy stories. Some people thought he was Gypo Logger, but I never thought that.

It's not easy to turn down a job just because it's a big-ugly. Because most of the time they are doable,, and we find an angle to accomplish them. But in spite it so often comes down to going beyond our normal threshold of comfort to do them,, even if it's just to prove to ourselves they can be done.

That's a part of this work that we all come up against every so often. Mostly for the young guys. When you get older you just naturally shy away from trees like that. It all comes from experience,, Hey??
I get reassurance from reading what Jerry quoted here.
I have a big old cottonwood to deal with in the spring, I got a call this morning to go ahead with this tree I estimated 3 years ago. Lightening struck this monster back then and blew the neighbors TV, appliances out and started their shed on fire.The neighbor said when the lightening struck there was a strange blue light throughout her house.
The tree has huge cracks throughout it and now after 3 years decay is set in good. It is wider then the 2 yards combined.
Like Jerry did I bidded super high on it ,not wanting this job. Now I'm stuck with it, no crane no bucket , no employee ,just me and my Husqvarnas........I think I have it figured out, just hate the anticipation until spring 4 months away.

Attachments

• 20131121_133037.jpg
    20131121_133037.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20131121_133430.jpg
    20131121_133430.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 61
Are those current pictures? Crack is scary but the top isn't an old crispy. Caution and cojones should see you through.

Back