The Big Ugly

When I first started doing bidding, my boss would always tell me to double my bids on these sort of jobs. Then, when I got better at estimating to add only 50%.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im shooting for an April debut but thats kinda outa my hands right now as Im waiting on 2 other co.s to do their thing, one of those is making the covers for the pulley out of plastic which Im excited about as all that attended know need to be revised.........

Yeah I guess I need to shape up and start wearing the ol helmet some if I intend to start marketing a piece of safety gear.........:roll:

yep $2500, next cheapest on the US market is $8500 then the next is $22k:O

Maybe Im too cheap????:/:

Because the market will bear it? It's the same as a GRCS, but would get used more often by most people who didn't have a lift. Full time w/o a lift, it'd have to pay for itself in a month or two, that's only $7.10 an hour.

Why does it have to cost so much?

Paul has spent years in design and development, gone through many iterations and revisions, and done all the fabrication work by hand. He's spent a small fortune to get the device to where it is now, and is not done yet...we've just been talking about a couple of changes he's got on tap. Just getting the safety covers designed, molded, and produced is going to cost several thousand dollars.

He's deep in the financial hole from all these up front costs. How else is he supposed to make a viable business from the Wraptor but to charge enough to recoup those costs and make a future profit?

That tree was big and ugly! Glad it all turned out alright, Paul. Cool looking ascending device; can't wait to give a whirl.

jp:D

Paul,
Most the guys I found successful with a product or store made more money selling more for a little less, than selling a little less for more. Only you know how many you are going to have to sell to recoup your costs and development costs. I do love the idea that you have made the product affordable for the average guy that climbs. :D I guess the other question is how many you can make if this needs to go into mass production to fill orders due to the price :D

Paul has spent years in design and development, gone through many iterations and revisions, and done all the fabrication work by hand. He's spent a small fortune to get the device to where it is now, and is not done yet...we've just been talking about a couple of changes he's got on tap. Just getting the safety covers designed, molded, and produced is going to cost several thousand dollars.

He's deep in the financial hole from all these up front costs. How else is he supposed to make a viable business from the Wraptor but to charge enough to recoup those costs and make a future profit?

Hey, I was just axing.

Haven't noticed that the price on the GRCS has dropped to any significant degree since it's been on the market.

I suppose it really early days for Paul's business plan, and I surely don't know.

Just about any gear that's specifically for tree climbing, or any vertical rope work for that matter, carries a higher price than the product might appear to justify simply because the potential market is so small that economies of scale never come into play.

Back