Suffer not fools gladly...but they are good for a laugh

My bucket truck had a backup beeper on it when I bought it. The day I brought it home I got home late, almost midnight. It was too late to take it to the storage yard so I had to bring it home. I backed it up into my driveway and the whole time the beeper was blaring, right next to my neighbor's bedroom window. The next morning I took a claw hammer to the beeper under the rear bumper so now it's a very muffled beep that you can barely hear unless you're within 15' of the truck. I'm ok with that.

When we bought our new ATV, it had a beeper.
Like we are going to back over a pedestrian with an ATV.
So we told the dealer to dismantle it or no sale.

No, it's not a warranty thing. It's a liability thing created and enforced by insurance companies and associated legislature. Pure political bullshit.

One of the first things i did on my work truck was bypass the clutch switch so I could crank it in gear. I can pull tight on a line in a tree and kill the motor. When I'm ready to pull again, all I have to do is turn the key (in 4LOW). On my tractor, (little tractor) I bypassed the transmission switch. You had to shift to neutral to crank it originally. Now, all you have to do is press the clutch and crank. On my Kubota, I disabled the seat kill switch. Originally, with the PTO in gear, if you got up, it immediately died. I couldn't lean over or do anything without it going dead. I no longer have that problem.

And he did it? It seems like that would void any warranty's and set him up for potential liability.

The word liability isn't found in the Danish language, Butch.

Besides, there is no rule about backup beepers on either forklifts or ATVs here, the stuff that we import just follows American rules I guess.

SOme of the Japanese dump trucks here have a female voice saying something in Japanese followed by the beep beep, when put in reverse...they quickly get disconnected.
Some wag thought it would be a good idea to get hold of the chip or whatever and record over it in Bermudian...'get outta the way ya bleddy fool!"

So back to the original de-rail of starting early. I had a screw-up this morning with a hydraulic hose on my grinder/mini and so had to run to the industrial store 1st thing this morning, near where we were I had a floater job pruning a small maple so I set my guy up on that and went. Well as soon as he started making noise there around 7:30 a neighbor came out irate, he ended up swearing at my guy like two three times calling him an a--hole repeatedly. Finally my guy told him, "Call me a--hole one more time and see what happens". The guy then returned to his house without saying a word.

Unlike some businesses were you could get in trouble for this I congratulated him on standing up for himself. I've worked with him for two years, I know he has a cool head and a knack for customer service. Some people are just ignorant and I don't and certainly never will make my employee(s) put up with abuse from some weirdo.

Back