Stein stump debris guard

I have the Sherrill ones, they're good, more professional than plywood. I bought an extra panel and made 2 doubles since 1 triple seemed silly to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I gather they help prevent issues w/ flying debris v. passing cars etc. Do they make clean up noticeably quicker by containing most of the debris?

Hmm, that's nice.

What stump machine do you use?

As I recall it's a 4400-4
9e5965b18d05ac0a82d63dad786527f3.jpg
7c87d192924001e79315fb083cfcf5da.jpg

Thanks, good pics!

Damn, post the vid while you're at it!

Yup. Just one more thing to buy and carry, so I was just wondering how much it is valued.

I have often thought about buying these since I have broken a few windows with flying rocks. The only drawback that I keep running into is where to store them.

I made one out of some black pipe I got for free and wrapped it in shade tarp I bought at Northern tool. Works great! I'll try and snap a pic later today.

How do those things pack up for storage? Couldn't find on website.....

They don't, big and bulky! I tend to group stumps an the same day and it rides in the back of my pickup with the normal stumper tools blower, rake, shovel, big pry bar, and the like.

A sheet of 4'x8' plywood cut into 4 pieces and some piano hinge is all you need, professional enough. With my high rate of production I tend to destroy a a guard once a year.... buying expensive fancy smancy doesn't make sense.... ha
Folds up flat and sits along side the grinder on the trailer next to the chipper..

SDC10674.jpg

We have alturnamats to protect the occasional high value proximal target. I was just thinking if they were quick and easy to deploy and carry they would be cool.

Back