So I've got a (nother) new hobby.

We arrived in aug of '70. We lived in off base housing until they had a place for us, perhaps 2, 3 weeks. The address was W-44, lol. Me and my 'lil bro had some fun exploring. We brought an octopus home (from an open market) and posed it in the 'fridge to scare our Mom.

We scared the shit outta her! :lol:

I can shave without a nick, most all the time.

I read a story in a NRA magazine 40 years ago about a straight razor a whole company shared in WW II. It would only rarely need sharpening. The owner sacrificed it so they could analyze the steel and figure out how it was made.

I had several but somehow all but one of two got lost in a divorce .

Not that I shave much but I did use them,sober though I'll grant you that .Just make sure the thing is "sharp as a razor " before you ever try it . Get a good strop .

Double edge safety razors? Like the one my dad used to have? I cut my legs more than I like to remember, always around the ankles.

Oh Lawdy those double edged things with "Gilette blues " would slice you to ribbons . The usage of the word "safety " was a misconception

Jay,
Thanks for the reminder! I remember being in Bangkok one time, and feeling a bit scratchy hairy. Going past a barber shop, I was struck by the large amount of staff, all gorgeous females in pink short skirts. They jabbered at me in Thai, so I mimed shaving and hair snipping. I got the thumbs up and four girls ensconsed me in a comfy chair, hot towels, hair cut, full shave, massage, drinks, biscuits, the works. Cost me about £1 if I remember right.
Now thats how to treat your customers!

I'll be using them once I get them sharp. They give the best shave with the least irritation, assuming you don't cut your nose off or something.:lol: I joined up here. Some of the old razors are pretty neat, and they aren't too expensive for a hobby.
Be careful with that site it can be quite addicting. I joined there for a little info on wet shaving as I was tired of spending so much on cartridge razors. I now have four brushes, about ten antique DE razors, and countless soaps, aftershaves,and skin conditioners.

Back