New car mandates

Thinking of buying a new car? You should watch / listen to this.

This is very upsetting. I don’t like where this country/world is heading. I believe smaller and limited government is best.

My plumbing truck as well as my pick up truck already tell me to “take a break” when they detect too much lane veering. I don’t always stay in my lane on back roads. It’s more efficient to depart from your lane sometimes as long as no one is coming the other direction.

If it saves just one life....
That’s always the line they use, isn’t it?!

Take the citizens guns so there won’t be anymore shootings they say. Just watched a documentary on Canada and what they are dealing with criminally. They have LOTS of stabbings, machete, and axe attacks. I suppose the knives are going to have to be removed from the public sector so everyone can be safe.

Be nice if Big Daddy thought the same way about the fentanyl . 108,000 deaths last year. Let’s do it for the children.
I know, let’s legalize fentanyl and all hard drugs so the stigma of addiction is no longer there. In fact, let’s give out paraphernalia and make ALL hard drugs legal. Heck, we can even produce them domestically in labs to give out a “safe supply”. Surprisingly, certain providences in Canada have done this. Several US states are doing some of those things as well. It’s weird how there’s a crack down on alcohol but an ever increasing relaxed view of hard drugs.

This is very upsetting. I don’t like where this country/world is heading. I believe smaller and limited government is best.

My plumbing truck as well as my pick up truck already tell me to “take a break” when they detect too much lane veering. I don’t always stay in my lane on back roads. It’s more efficient to depart from your lane sometimes as long as no one is coming the other direction.
I was under the impression that this sort of safety warning can be turned off by the operator. No?

Quick google search finds that it's easy to turn off lane assist and departure warning features, but usually it will reset when you shut off the car. So you have to turn it off every time you start up. But at least you can shut it off. I sure would find it annoying and would turn it off as a matter of course every start up.

I was under the impression that this sort of safety warning can be turned off by the operator. No?
Yes, there’s a switch that will shut it down.

The overarching point was that the tech is already being used and that said tech can’t discern drivers motives.

I do leave it on for the “just in case”. I hope my insurance company can’t access the data. It’s going in that direction though, I fear.

Lane assist is easy enough to turn off in the wife‘s Range Rover.
Usually stays off for a week or so, then when it starts again automatically, 1 simple button.

But it is the first step towards taking away your freedom.
Next come the guns!

Back