Replaced by a lizard

Looks more like a big freaking cockroach to me. Can you imagine that thing clinging to the ceiling right over your head right when you woke up?
After a night of drinking?

Certain companies, whose main interest is in nanotechnology, are pursuing to synthesize the very fine natural gripping ability of the GECKO foot filaments. Which will give micro machines the ability to walk overhead on glass.

It's just a matter of time.

And what, for the good of mankind, is all that worth?

I actually worked with this company to design the fall protection system for use during the testing stage. It was complex because it had to be a traveling anchor point with a retractable lanyard that didn't add any extra weight for the thing to carry. it also had to work in an inverted position like on an overhang. They use these things to inspect various parts of the space shuttle right now, as well as to clean and inspect tanks for holding hazardous waste.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting replaced by these things - they're incapable of screaming at ground workers.

Well then, WTF good are they? :what:

I SAID GRAB THE ROPE! THE OTHER ROPE, NOT MY LIFELINE, #!@$%!@#$%!!!!!!!!

(I can do the yelling thing real well)

Whats the worst insult you can say to your groundi?

Forget that knot your fumbling with, just tie the damm thing on so it doesn't fall off!

I don't yell. I say please and thanks and am patient. I am weird that way. I only ever swear at myself and that is under my breath or with a saw running.

Whats the worst insult you can say to your groundi?

Forget that knot your fumbling with, just tie the damm thing on so it doesn't fall off!

Yeah, forget he clove hitch, just put your regular thing with a loop with about 6 half hitches around the rope.

Well then, WTF good are they? :what:

I SAID GRAB THE ROPE! THE OTHER ROPE, NOT MY LIFELINE, #!@$%!@#$%!!!!!!!!

(I can do the yelling thing real well)

Hah...Ya wouldn't want to get in a contest with me....

Hah...Ya wouldn't want to get in a contest with me....

I don't do that because I don't want to have to apologize later. Plus my guys wouldn't do something wrong on purpose. They may misunderstand me or anticipate what I need wrongly, but I figure that's good, at least they are anticipating. And they saved my bacon big time one time. I was pulling my dump trailer loaded up a very steep driveway and my pickup spun out about half way up. I was sitting there with my foot mashed on the brakes as hard as i could and the pickup was starting to slide backwards. I didn't know what the hell to do, I looked in my mirror and saw them both running toward me with the chocks from the bucket truck and the outrigger pads. So I figure I owe 'em forever.

That yelling gets real old, real quick. Learned tree work from a guy who normally yelled all day long.

It sucked and sure didn't get the job done better or faster.

i dont like to be yelled at and it looks terribly unprofessional so i dont do it

No way on the yelling, I'm hardest on myself anyways and for others I just bite my tongue. I had a boss in the bush who I worked for for a number of years, one of the first times I was up a tree and struggling around getting the block set this guy starts yelling at me?????? I yelled back that he better damn well not be anywhere near the base of that tree when I got back down. He wasn't, and we came to a understanding that day.

Nope work's hard enough without being miserable about it.

Back