New Harness Made By DMM

Kabir424

TreeHouser
DMM Kinisi Max Arborist Harness

I have heard from some testers that this is a really good harness. I haven't tried it yet but if this goes on sale for 20% off at Arbsession this year then I might get it. $850 for a harness is a tough pill to swallow. I have considered the MonkeyBeaver 2.0 and it's $225 cheaper than this DMM harness.

I like the two adjustable bridges. That would help me keep two climbing lines separated in a better way for the times when I use two different ropes.

Monkey Beaver 2.0 all the way. I'd get the new suspenders too. Personally, I don't like the plastic harnesses, I feel like I'm sitting in a bucket, no matter how comfortable, but to each their own. DMM makes good stuff. $850 may ne a tough pill to swallow, but it's good medicine against a sore butt and back.

I'd get the MB2 also, and almost did before sanity asserted itself again. The DMM looks like a good saddle though. Hard to tell without trying it, like any other saddle. As far as cost goes... It is what it is. When you're spending hours in a piece of gear, a comfortable $1k saddle is a bargain. Cheaping out is a false economy.

For bargains... I was checking out arbsession, and they have 50% off edelrid. I'm thinking about getting their throwline "cube". They also have an arbsession branded portawrap for $100. It's scuffed up, but stuff only looks new once. US made. I might get that just to have something to keep in the truck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the Treemotion Pro before I ended up hearing the negatives about it. It's what I am using now and I do enjoy the comfort of the saddle compared to the MCRS I used to run. Now that Ihave used this Tremotion I realuze I like a double bridge. The Monkeybeaver doesn't seem to have that as an option on the rigging plate attachment.

It will be many months before I need to make a decision between saddles. I look forward to seeing some thorough reviews of the Dmm harness.

I forgot there's a gear subforum. If any admins want to move this thread over there it's a more appropriate location. Or, we can delete this and we can start a new thread there.

I am still experimenting with a single adjustable bridge. For me it is mostly a convenience for donning and removing the saddle. For me, certification is not a requirement. This DMM may be the first opportunity for many to legally use an adjustable bridge. But, does it pass CE requirements?

Independently evaluated to the performance requirements of the following international standards:

• ASNZ 1891–Pass
  • ANSI/ASSP-Z359.12-2019–Pass
  • CAN/CSA-Z259.12–Pass
  • ASTMF0887-20–Pass except the structural webbing is under 44.5mm and the harness has a rear attachment point.
  • CSA Z259.1-05 PD saddle–Pass except the structural webbing is under 41mm.

Last edited:
I would be curious to read this standard. The PDF costs $108.00 and I would rather spend that on gear than words.

I would be curious to read this standard. The PDF costs $108.00 and I would rather spend that on gear than words.
Search engines are wonderful things

<.<
>.>

edit:
The above is a subset. I haven't found the full doc yet. I might get bored with the search before I find it :shrugs:

Last edited:
The hardware and waist belt looks exactly like a TreeMotion (if I remember correctly, DMM used to make the hardware for the TreeMotion and this explains why) and the leg straps look like a MonkeyBeaver. I suppose they're trying to blend the best of both worlds into a new, steeply priced harness. I, personally, love my TreeMotion, but I've never tried the MB...but the single bridge functionality for the MB is a massive turnoff for me. I don't know what I would do without my second bridge. I hate adjustable bridges. I just have one of my bridges made using 11mm rope, that way I can easily break the double overhand knot block on one side and adjust my second bridge to any length I need it with ease prior to climbing or during a climb. I mostly keep my bridges at the same length. Rarely do I ever need to adjust the length.

Also, paywalls for safety and strength related data for PPE like ropes and harnesses should be a crime. Same goes for anything related to rigging.

Last edited:
The hardware and waist belt looks exactly like a TreeMotion (if I remember correctly, DMM used to make the hardware for the TreeMotion and this explains why) and the leg straps look like a MonkeyBeaver.
Both the Treemotion and this saddle were designed by Treemagineers so it's not surprising they look similar. This is basically the Treemotion if Teufelberger had pushed for continued innovation.

I like my Treemotion as well and so far I haven't had any corrosion issues like others have had due to sweat salt. As I understand it that's a result from switching from DMM to cheaper hardware that corrodes easier.

i think i would like an adjustable bridge mainly for two situations, ascending and spar work. propably would just use normal length bridge cord, though.

If I had an adjustable bridge that works the same way as the Kinisi, I'd probably enjoy it. Otherwise, the adjustment mechanisms currently out there are kind of bulky, cumbersome and annoying.

Here's a review for the Kinisi that just came out on the TreeStuff YouTube channel. It says "candid review," but it's really just a bunch of dudes unboxing the harness, shooting the shit about and trying it on. It was interesting to see the harness closeup and in a video, though, and they go over all the features.

Back