Quick Question for Faller-Types (Quick! I Promise!)

10zy5c5.jpg

For your felling cuts?

To each their own. Suprisingly enough I prefer my way, but endless variable come into play which always affect things. I have many more positioning rules that will dictate which side of the tree I make my cuts, as often around here there's some slope for instance. As with most of the things in my life these rules are more like guidelines more than rules. Lol, pirate rules for me eh!

Like yourself I'm sure you use what you figure to be the best cut for the situation. I prefer to cut with the bottom of the bar most of the time myself though. Sawdust comes with the job.

Why's that? I always switch sides unless there's a reason not to so I don't have to backchain.
I found it helps me keep my hinge wood nice and square because I gun to the same target from the same side.
You don't have to backchain...assuming wrap handles, I guess :). Maybe a rash assumption.
I have full wrap handle bars on my 385, 372 but I can make a backcut without them and still not need to backchain I just hold the right corner of the half wrap.

I usually back cut from both sides, just thought I'd get that in before Stig arrives.

I've been following the thread, just didn't have anything to say.

Squishy beat me to it in post #3:lol:

Back