Project Muscle Truck (again!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Andrew... I seriously thought of that... or even an Edelbrock Victor Jr. But I stuck with the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap... a bit more streetable.

:)

Gary

Had to get a little creative with a coarse bastard file to get the valve covers to clear the intake runnuers. Since I had the heads shaved the intake sits a little higher. So the aluminum valve covers were leaving a gap where they were hitting the intake runners. Not sealing very well...

Problem solved. :thumbup:

Also I have the power brake booster and master cylinder all spiffed up and mocked in. I will finish bolting it in later tonight... I was going to buy a new booster/cylinder combo... but money is gettin' a little scarce nowadays... this one still works, so I just cleaned it up and painted it. Eventually I will put a new one in there. :)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 088.jpg
    1972 GMC 088.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1972 GMC 087.jpg
    1972 GMC 087.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1972 GMC 089.jpg
    1972 GMC 089.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
I am really liking these project threads.
Its just cool hearing or reading as it is the anticipation & pride of Gary & Carl in their respective builds.

Been busy as all get out... Here are a few shot of 'er...

Got the carb on, headers bolted up and the brake booster/master cylinder all in... the radiator core support isbolted to the frame... and, oh yeah, an aluminum radiator to boot!

:)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 090.jpg
    1972 GMC 090.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 1972 GMC 091.jpg
    1972 GMC 091.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1972 GMC 092.jpg
    1972 GMC 092.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
Lots of inspiration there, Gary. You're really making me want to try building something like that for myself one day. :)

Very impressive.
I bet that baby is a cash eating machine , how do you afford it all.
Looks cool and fun.

That's why it took me 2 years to even begin this project. Had to rat hole money away. Now that's all gone, and I have stuff kinda nickle and dimin' me.

Gary

Its defffinatly worth it huh.
Most anybody would give alot to have that baby sitting in their garage.
Nice thread to follow.
Good pics to

I wuz at work tonight until 10:30... so when I got home I put an advance kit in the HEI distributor and then tossed it in the engine... I was gonna do plug wires tonight too... but they are custom cut to fit jobbers. I'm tired and need to hit the hay... So this will have to do for tonight.

I took a few pics... one of the advance weights, the HEI distributor now in the truck, a shot from above lookin' into the barrels of that big 750 cfm Holley, and while I was up there... I took another shot of the engine from above.

I'm so close... but yet still so far away... soon. :)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 093.jpg
    1972 GMC 093.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1972 GMC 095.jpg
    1972 GMC 095.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 1972 GMC 096.jpg
    1972 GMC 096.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 1972 GMC 097.jpg
    1972 GMC 097.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 16
No pics today... but my Dad and I did some work on the hot rod this weekend. Should be ready to fire off very soon... :thumbup:

I will keep ya posted... will have a vid of the thing runnin'. :)

Gary

Nice Gary. Sure like that big 'ol Holley. We just stuck on of those on a guy's boat. Now the boat damm near comes all the way out of the water except for the prop.
Yours is that nice gold color. goes well with the alum. manifold and rocker covers.
Chicks dig that stuff.

A lot of these pics kinda look alike of the engine... but there are subtle changes... Like now there are plug wires and all the fluid systems are plumbed. Mounted the alternator and belt too...

All the parts like inner fenders and battery box and stuff are all painted... gonna start puttin' it all back together...

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 098.jpg
    1972 GMC 098.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 11
Gary did you go with a timing chain or (I hope) did you put a gear drive in it??

We had a 406 in one of our late models with gear drive, nothing beats that whine.

Hey, I didn't mean to be a heckler, now I'm the backpeddler. :)

though, nothing could take away from that pretty motor.

I like the orange, I ran all edelbrock on my El camino.

Back