Project Muscle Truck (again!)

I am almost certain Gary told me it would be 387.73623 bhp at sea level.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hit the frame with a few coats of paint this week... :)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 064.jpg
    1972 GMC 064.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1972 GMC 065.jpg
    1972 GMC 065.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 10
Hey Gary!
Are you too busy with your truck and your girlfriend to come visit us any more? You've made one post in the last week, WTF? :?

8)

Hey, Gary sorry to hear about the issues with your X.

What an emotional, financial drain it can be. It can always be worse man. Keep your head up, & try & stay healthy inside your head.

Thanks you'se guys... I have a good support group through all of this... My mind is right... :)

I have to fight back. No way is that woman going to keep my kids from me...

Anyways... back to the truck, the engine and transmission should be going in today... :thumbup:

Gary

Finally slid the transmission and the small block in today... now I can start gettin' this thing back together... :thumbup:

Dude in the pics is my buddy Matt... He has a killer 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo with a small block 350 in it that I built for him... Sweet car, fast as hell too... :)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 066.jpg
    1972 GMC 066.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 1972 GMC 067.jpg
    1972 GMC 067.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1972 GMC 068.jpg
    1972 GMC 068.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1972 GMC 069.jpg
    1972 GMC 069.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 7
Yep... you got it exactly Brian... The underhood and firewall are gonna stay that way. I even left the overspray on the firewall from the factory undercoating. I cleaned up the heater box and put a new heater core in it, but it looks bone stock and was only cleaned and not repainted. I will install it on the firewall tomorrow.

The inner fenders and battery box are gonna be painted along with the radiator and the radiator support... I will eventually do some cool stuff to the interior as well.

There will also be a brand new power brake booster and master cylinder bolted to the firewall as well. All the new goodies will contrast well with the old parts... :thumbup:

It's gettin' there... :)

Gary

Nice work Gary. Too bad about the 'x'.

My friend (who is a mechanic) has a nutso x. she already has been brought up on contempt charges for lying to the judge.

The kids are the first to suffer in all this

Had to pull the water pump off today... the pulley/fan mounts on the hub are wrong. The diameter of the hub is too small... my mistake for not checking this prior to assembly.

Gotta take it back to the parts store and get the correct one... :X

Oh well... bound to have a few glitches in this whole build. LOL

Gary

Back