Project Muscle Truck (again!)

What is this tree of which you speak? Dragstrip jargon?

Do tell! :drink:

Google is your friend.

race-tree-281x300.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup... a perfect reaction time is .000, and it's pretty tuff to do it without the aid of electronics.

So if you can cut lights at .200 and quicker either foot braking (auto transmission) or side steppin' the clutch on a manual... it's doin' good!

It's been so long since I've been to a sanctioned drag race... I'd be embarassed to see what light I would cut. :lol:

Gary

This might seem like a stupid question but can you make any money in amateur drag racing?

I'm sure they have prize money but is it much or is it just like having a boat, fun but costs a lot. :?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only real money is made in the Pros/Sportsman category. The purse at a local/amature event (if there is any) won't sustain you at all in racing. Even running a mildly built street rod that runs in the 14's... can get pricey. Parts break, fuel prices suck, entry fees, etc... It's more of a love of cars and the sport type of deal. All the racing I ever did was for trophys. I had a wicked 12 second 1971 El Camino SS that I had thousands of dollars in. Never earned any of it back racing. :)

Gary

That's about how I figured it.

Someone once said "the second most happiest day of your life will be the day you sell your boat" That was a good day, but the day I can unload my mid life crisis project will eclipse that for sure.

Only a road ute or pickup but it goes like a shower of ****. I just can't drive it around here now because of the traffic & speed cameras and it's no fun, less than 100 miles this last year.:(

Back