Project Muscle Truck (again!)

You're fine, just throwing out suggestions. The only way to get a true stall is to lock the brakes and hold the throttle just below lockup.
In the case of what you are building, 3000 stall will really kick in at around 2500, unless you brake it in some way. A 2000 will kick in around 1200-1500 under normal driving.
It's funny, you can buy what ever stall you want, but until you put all of the variables in place, it doesn't mean anything until you hold the brake and rev it until the tires try and turn. Converters act differently with different torque factors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dropped the cam, crank, and pistons in the small block today. Here are a few shots of the block with just the crank in it, putting the rings on the pistons, and the finished block with the shiny new pistons in it... :)

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 056.jpg
    1972 GMC 056.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 10
  • 1972 GMC 057.jpg
    1972 GMC 057.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1972 GMC 058.jpg
    1972 GMC 058.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 8
  • 1972 GMC 059.jpg
    1972 GMC 059.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1972 GMC 060.jpg
    1972 GMC 060.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 8
personaly I think Gary is building next years latest and greatest unlimited hotsaw and just holding out on us.

I wish Robert. LOL... :)

You know that green '70 Chevy 1/2 ton hot rod truck that my dad drives that he hauled the Termite in? This truck will be dang near the same... :thumbup:

Gary

Bolted the cylinder heads on today... Almost ready for the Chevy Orange paint... :thumbup:

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 061.jpg
    1972 GMC 061.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 21
Looking real nice, Gary.
If you are doing any towing, you may be disappointed in the low end torque below 3 grand on the tach. That is if the trailer is fully loaded...But maybe you will haul the hotsaw in the p-up bed?

awww, thatll pull darn near anything. mine are near stock and push 14-15k and pull 7500 pounds at the same time. its no turbo diesel but does the trick

Willie a high end engine with a higher stall converter sucks for towing.

Low end is where it's at for dat ;)

The only thing this thing is gonna haul is ASS... ;)

This truck isn't gonna be towing much of anything. It's just supposed to go fast in a straight line for about a 1/4 mile or so...

...and sound real snotty too... :thumbup:

Gary

GASGRASSASS542354.jpg

4 stinkin' coats of Chevy Orange high temp paint. I hate how high temp engine paint coats. Basically... it doesn't. LOL... :)

I mocked up the manifold and carb... plus dig the old school aluminum Holley valve covers I scored from a super tuner buddy of mine... for FREE!!! :thumbup:

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 062.jpg
    1972 GMC 062.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 15
  • 1972 GMC 063.jpg
    1972 GMC 063.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 158
You're doing a fantastic job on my truck, Gary. Keep up the good work, and don't forget the air conditioning compressor bracket! :P
I'll be out there in a year or two to pick it up, right after I climb a giant redwood with Frans and Jerry. :D

Nice work Gary!!! I am a bit late with my tip, but if you don't want paint on it, coat it with vaseline. Paint it, then the caseline just wipes right off, paint and all. Sorry.

Back