Predator 2007

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 407
  • Views 36K
R

Rotax Robert

Here is where I will post pics from the 2007 season. Some will be cutting some will be people hangin around etc. Pics, vids, what ever...so please enjoy and we'll try and keep it on topic.

Not the best pic but here is the Predator Truck and Hualer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CMT interview

Country Music Television called me a few weeks ago and asked to do a bit on the Predator. Here I am interviewing for an episode on country fried home videos.

Gettin Ready

Here I am doing a warmup and prestretching a new chain befor the show. Camera crew was glued to me all day and I had to wear a open mike alday also. That oughta keep the sensors busy.

Cutting Time

This pic is after the show and I promissed Jeff "fishhuntcutwood" that he could run it with me. I have to say he did one heck of a job. "flawless cut jeff" That cut would have won in any show. In fact that is a cmt camera on him, heck he might be famous.

Old Trucks

Ole Bill and truck were born the same year

The first pic is of a good freind of mine "Ole Bill on the Hill" or to some "Cougar Bill" as a cougar attacked him while he was mowing his lawn one afternoon and no BS here, Bill beat him off with his cane. The second pic is of an old Mack truck that a friend of mine owns. She still runs and was Hauling logs still in the mid 1980's. Guess the year of this baby.

Here is a pic of me almost getting it done, I took a 2nd place here with a 2.7 second cut. This saw is a 088KD normaly this saw wears a muffler while cutting fire wood but she can rock in a race also.

Just a pic of the saw resting in her new home.

Camera crew stuff, like i said they were in my boots all day.

Here is a pic of the Toyota and the Newest saw out there. A buddy of mine built this over the winter without anybody knowing and thought he would sneek in and take 1st place. HA, we sent them packin. Both saws made good cuts at around 1.5 sec or so but it's still a mile when you gotta doit in 1 flat.

I'll post more pics as I get them sent to me or downloaded, should have some great vids soon also.

And Paul B. are calling me a showoff ???

Why isn't that Toyota saw using a belly bar? How tight do they have to cinch it up to keep the chain from sagging?

Rotax, since the biggest saw I own is an 026, I cant really call you anything, you do what you need to do and you kick ass where you can. Predator is top of the food chain, dont let it falter amigo :D

I wanna see yo and big Gary go heads up with comparable saws this summer... :)

Man I am looking forward to it and it is only about 3 weeks away. I am sure it will be one heck of a battle. The boys from Buckley apparently have been reworking the Binford saw and Gary has been tuning his up also. We did take time this winter to bump the Predator up a bit also. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I am a showoff. "A big shot is nothing more than a little shot who kept on shooting"

Earth First, my freind...we'll log the other planets later

Rotax:thumbup:

JamesTX, the toyota is wearing a belly bar. it is the inline 4cyl behind the V8 and you are right about one thing his chain was to loose for my comfort. It looked like it was going to fly off while idleing. I will get some video of it cutting and you'll see how scary it looked.

Rotax

You must have some serius fun with this!
Just looking at the pic's make me smile for day's!
I wish you and your fellow competitors all the best!

JamesTX, the toyota is wearing a belly bar. it is the inline 4cyl behind the V8 and you are right about one thing his chain was to loose for my comfort. It looked like it was going to fly off while idleing. I will get some video of it cutting and you'll see how scary it looked.

Rotax

I see - I had the two saws in the pic confused.

Roger, your the man who whooped me in tree falling, You are more than welcome to post pics on this thread.

This pic is after the show and I promissed Jeff "fishhuntcutwood" that he could run it with me. I have to say he did one heck of a job. "flawless cut jeff" That cut would have won in any show.

I told you in a PM that I tell anyone who'll listen that Rotax said I made a good cut. Man, I can't thank you enough. You offered to let me run it with you next year, and I'm going to hold you to that. I'll be there. I kid you not, you made my month! People have sent me vids of the Predator via email for a couple of years now saying, "I saw this, and thought of you...." Well, now I can say I've run it.

Robert, you're a gentleman and a sportsman. After talking with you after the show, I'll tell everyone that Rotax Robert is a good guy.

I'm still working on the video. My buddy is having a hard time making it a readable mpeg, and not a DVD.

Here's a couple of pics I posted in the Logging Show thread, but will repost here. And then two from you in '05 I think, at Sequim.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Back