Saw Rotax & the Predator

• Thread starter Newfie
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 5K
Al, the chain to which you refer is called 'semi-skip'. In fact that is the style chain that came with my new saw today. cutter-driver-cutter-driver-driver then repeat.

No,a thousand times no . This danged thing had one cutter behind another then a just a tie strap before the next series of two cutters .

Normal full skip is cutter ,two ties ,then cutter .Semi is cutter ,one tie ,cutter then two tie straps before the next cutter .

I've got a picture of the stuff the old gent made but I can't post it because of a fly in the ointment on the danged 'puter .:what:

Where in the world is Doug,flying his helocopter .:?

Just a side note but I usually put on the Art Martin chain on backwards, it seems almost as fast as the other way. ;)
Didnt you run a chain backward on one of your "bigger" saws in Buckley a few years ago?

Well,chit happens .I damned near did that at a "picnic " race because I had my head in my butt . I didn't even think I was double jointed .:|:

Didnt you run a chain backward on one of your "bigger" saws in Buckley a few years ago?

Hey Brian !!! that was Sonny Frick and his partner on thier double ender hotsaws, not mine. I have owned that series for a long time except for last year when I blew a chain off :cry:. We did it with an 088 kd and a ms460 woods mod angainst pairs of piped 090's. :P

Hey Robert... I forgot to call ya and tell ya thanks for the 1/2" chipper that my old man picked up from ya at Buckley... Still gotta toss it on the 770G...

:thumbip:

Gary

Hey Brian !!! that was Sonny Frick and his partner on thier double ender hotsaws, not mine. I have owned that series for a long time except for last year when I blew a chain off :cry:. We did it with an 088 kd and a ms460 woods mod angainst pairs of piped 090's. :P
Ok brain lapse on my part.:D

Tracked down Rotax today he is alive and well says high to everyone. Hes gettin ready for upcoming show season to start. Doesnt have access to a fast computer right now but has a bunch of videos and pics to up load. Said he mite pop in and say hi tonight.

Did he lose his job at Boeing? I knew they were on strike for a while but I thought they resolved that? Or did they strike themselves out of work?

It was most likely a pissen match at Boeing .That same PT Barnum type,Mullally or what ever his name is from Boeing has the helm at Ford now .Rotax got shed of him now old Al has to deal with him .:(

All that azz hole did was finagle a gov backed bailout before it was popular.In the mean time he screwed the workers and chunked a kings ransom in his own pockets .Hero my ached azz .:X

Back