Predator 2008

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 96
  • Views 11K
Mntn gal and I will be there not sure which day tho Ill be playing hookie from work well track ya down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Parking

For those who can make to Deming I will be parked at about 10 o-clock at the very edge of below pic. Look for the white Predator truck and trailer or just follow the beer cans. :D

Attachments

• Arena--Air.jpg
    Arena--Air.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 94
wicked! good luck Robert! We wont be there this year, maybe next, gotta get some passports!

32" Log

Here is a cut made last year. 32+ inches

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFGva6ZS4fU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFGva6ZS4fU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope to go, maybe bring my whole crew as well. But, after last year's crummy weather at both Deming and Buckley, and this "Juneuary" ushering in boatloads of snow at Mt Rainier..with maybe 1-2 more feet coming tomorrow, don't know if i'll wanna hang out at another wet show... maybe by next weekend it might actually be a tad warmer?

Here's my ski bud Wayne (and wife Liz hoping he doesn't start cutting) posing yesterday at his lakefront house near Kapowsin. nice 600 bf cedar I dismantled, then pruned a bit on a 44" dbh fir with his deck built around it..forgot to get pics.

2561440784_a0ae8327f8_o.jpg

UPDATE

I will not be going to Deming this weekend..:evil::evil::evil: The bas***ds here at work made overtime mandatory.

Buckley Log Show 2008

The Buckley Log Show is June 28th & 29th 2008 for those interested, and yes I will not miss this show.

How is your company doing? Are they hurting right now? Sorry you couldn't go to Deming

I can't speak for Robert but can tell you about the auto industry and I only assume that aero space is about the same .

It's like the gold rush .You can make money by the bushel baskets but it becomes a burden at times especially if you are skilled trades . Working 70 hours per week you have little time for much else . It just goes with the territory in a manner of speaking .

Last edited:
Buckley 2008

Well they got me again. MANDATORY OVERTIME :X. Lucky for me I just switched over to 3rd (grave yard) shift so I will be there for the show. That should make for a tough weekend since I had one too many cans of loud mouth the other day and entered most of the events and now I'll have to do it with no sleep:what:.

Old monkey. yeah we are real busy, thats a good part of the reason I switched to 3rd shift so I don't have to miss any more shows. Kinda tough with the travel time involved in alot of these shows as well as the show itself and work and trying to fill any void you can with a bit of shut-eye. Lucky for me this show is close to home.

I'm asking because I don't know, but what's the deal with all the cuts, blocks removed, uneven face cut, etc? :?

Hey, Jeff...just saw your post. I cut the buttresses off, so my 28 inch bar would do the job more easily. and the tipped face has happened to me before when I make an under cut of a Humboldt first. Only reason I bothered with that open face was to keep it from jumping laterally off the stump. Tight drop zone, both width and length.

Looking forward to the show, Robert. I'll be there Saturday, 99% for sure. Have a job to do with an ex employee Sunday, though.

Hey, Jeff...just saw your post. I cut the buttresses off, so my 28 inch bar would do the job more easily. and the tipped face has happened to me before when I make an under cut of a Humboldt first. Only reason I bothered with that open face was to keep it from jumping laterally off the stump. Tight drop zone, both width and length.

Tight DZ? Maybe try and leave that East Coast crap at home, and do your horizontal cut first like a human. keep making those crooked facecuts you'll soon be starting a demo on a house.:P:P:P

bla bla bla....:lol:

remember the lightpost you were facing that big fir at......good thing Ian commented......

The midnight shift is not too bad ,you can get a lot done but sleeping .Surprisingly though or at least for me I could get by on about 5 hours and felt fine .

Back