Official Random Fact/Random Thought Thread!

I noticed that.
Tried 3 times to find something.
But at least I didn't go into full," They'll come to take our guns away next" mode over it.

Gasoline-power electric generators will likely be on the black list, too.

Going electric is all fine with me. I truly believe it's the future. But at the same time you don't need to cut your nose off to spite your face.

The push to go all electric in the time frame that the proponents propose is unrealistic, and does nothing more than cause undo hardship for good honest hard working people.... and this country. If America means anything to anybody anymore.

Besides that, a noticeable dip in the total worldwide CO2 emissions will not even be seen, with just the U.S. going all electric. We're drop a drop in the bucket.

God, I pray some common sense prevails in mankind before I leave this good Earth.

Reality tv is terrible. They have all this life threatening drama going on, and then you think "There's a whole tv production crew on the other side of the camera". It's like professional wrestling.

Jerry, I have a different outlook.
I don't give a shit, since I'll be dead soon, anyway.

Apart from that, you are SO right!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The closest we currently can come to creating true "reality TV" these days are these wonderful, educational pieces we call documentaries and even those aren't always perfect...but at least they strive to be. Is that show Ax Men still around?

Last edited:
I remember when I saw that show just flipping through channels. There was some big fuss over an $800 or more saw that got crushed by a log for carelessness. It was an ms180 with no top cover and a 28" bar. Obviously staged, unless that was a Piltz saw hence the 28" bar and $800 price tag, which buys you a 100% stock bottom of the line saw with oversized cannon bar.

My random fact for the day: On youtube I can listen to science videos with no lag, pipe organ music with no lag, but if I want to listen to a simple traditional latin hymn honoring God, there's lots of lag even at 144p quality. It's not my intention to bring religion into this thread, but a bit of scientific experimentation on my end has proven this fact as of now. Hopefully tomorrow it won't be a problem.

My random fact for the day: On youtube I can listen to science videos with no lag, pipe organ music with no lag, but if I want to listen to a simple traditional latin hymn honoring God, there's lots of lag even at 144p quality. It's not my intention to bring religion into this thread, but a bit of scientific experimentation on my end has proven this fact as of now. Hopefully tomorrow it won't be a problem.
Can you explain to me what a tag is, please?

Random Fact: How many phone numbers are possible per area code? Well, N acts as any digit 2-9 and X is any digit 0-9. Each area code has 792 prefixes or "NXX" codes. Each NXX has 10,000 possible numbers. Therefore, theoretically, there are 7,920,000 telephone numbers per area code.

Random Fact: It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter. There are enough peanuts in one acre to make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.

Random Fact: Yellowstone park is part of a massive active volcano. The Yellowstone Caldera is the volcanic caldera and supervolcano located in Yellowstone National Park in the United States, sometimes referred to as the Yellowstone Supervolcano. The caldera and most of the park are located in the northwest corner of Wyoming.

Random Fact: Pickle juice isn't naturally tinted green. Acetic acid, which is diluted to produce vinegar, is a clear and colorless liquid. The color is usually the result of the addition of turmeric powder and, less often, due to food coloring. Food coloring used to be the favorite method until turmeric, the more natural method, took over the industry.

Random Fact: Ever wonder why tennis balls are fuzzy? Tennis balls can reach speeds of up to 160mph. If they had a smooth surface on them, speeds would exceed this benchmark velocity and the sport would become difficult to play. In other words, the fuzz slows the balls down and creates drag.

Random Fact: Many people incorrectly assume that the Big Mac, a popular offering at McDonald's, was copied by Burger King to create the Whopper. This actually is NOT true. Burger King actually started selling the Whopper in 1957, 11 years before McDonalds's introduced the Big Mac in 1968. Mind blown, right?

Back