Official Random Fact/Random Thought Thread!

Here's a random thought... I wish pro saws optionally came with pro manuals that included no warnings whatsoever. The manual simply gave operating and maintenance instructions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Random Fact: If you have a number pad on your keyboard, you can hold the ALT key and then press any triple digit number combination and then release the ALT key, and you're likely to create a symbol. Here is a list of all of these commands for those of you running Windows operating systems...

For example: ALT + 1 4 5 = æ

Random Fact: The inventor of the frisbee ended up becoming a frisbee himself after he died. During the 1950s, Steady Ed invented the frisbee, and later on the sport of disc golf in the 70s. He dedicated his life to frisbees so much that it was stated in his final testimonials that he wished to have his ashes turned into a frisbee. This was so that he would be able to play with his son even when he was no longer around.

Random Fact: Playing EDM (electronic dance music), specifically dubstep, wards off mosquitoes. According to a study in 2019, the song ‘Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites’ by Skrillex contains both low and high frequencies that yellow fever mosquitoes dislike. So, I guess mosquitoes aren't a fan of sweet bass drops. Their loss! Dance, dance, dance those mosquitoes away!

Random Thought: How are other men able to comfortably cross their legs? I just don't find it to be comfortable at all. I'm not judging, I'm wondering.

Random Fact: Billy goats urinate on their heads to become more attractive. This is one of the many unusual mating rituals that occur on the animal planet. Generally, they do this during the summer through fall. to catalyze the intensity of their musk to females.

Fact Source: Why do billy goats urinate on their own heads? - https://nonnewz.com/the-knowledge-quotient/why-do-billy-goats-urinate-on-their-own-heads/cid1767195.htm

Last edited:
I’d rather have a skunk in the house than a Billy goat in the barn, mercy.
Skunks who have had their glands removed make excellent pets. They are like a catdog. Billy goats...I they they are better off in the farm than in the house. haha

Random Fact: There are 293 different ways to make change for a dollar.

Random Fact: 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed only with the left hand.

Random Facts: DOG EDITION Part 1

1) The Labrador Retriever has been on the AKC’s top 10 most popular breeds list for 30 consecutive years—longer than any other breed.
2) A dog's nose print is unique to each dog, just like our fingerprints!
3) 70% of people sign their dog's name on their holiday cards!
4) Rin Tin Tin, the famous German Shepherd, was nominated for an Academy Award.
5) Yawning is contagious—even for dogs. Research shows that the sound of a human yawn can trigger one from your dog. And it’s four times as likely to happen when it’s the yawn of a person he or she knows.

Random Facts: DOG EDITION Part 2

1) A recent study shows that dogs are among a small group of animals who show voluntary unselfish kindness towards others without any reward. Nothing new to see here!
2) When dogs kick backward after they go to the bathroom it’s not to cover it up, but to mark their territory, using the scent glands in their feet. (I had no idea my dog has scent glands in his feet!)
3) The Australian Shepherd is not actually from Australia—they are an American breed.
4) … And the Labrador Retriever is originally from Newfoundland.
5) Dogs curl up in a ball when sleeping to protect their organs—a hold over from their days in the wild, when they were vulnerable to predator attacks.

Every civilization carries the seeds of its own destruction, and the same cycle shows in them all.

The Republic is born, flourishes, decays into plutocracy, and is captured by the shoemaker whom the mercenaries and millionaires make into a king.

The people invent their oppressors, and the oppressors serve the function for which they are invented.

~Mark Twain

Back