Limmer Boots...Best Boot For Pruning

Chris, I've heard good things about the Limers but from the photos they look bulky. I'm used to asolos, lightweight hiking boots. I've got a pair of wescos I'm thinking of putting a normal hiking sole on to make it lighter and not so high up.

jp:D

I don't really like boots that don't go up real high. I guess 8" boots are the ones I like. That way chips don't get onto my boots. Having said that, right now I have pair of Keene work boots. They look just like hiking boots with a Vibrum sole and their version of Gore-tex. They are considered work boots because of the steel toe in them. I really like them and I would totally get another pair.

Rocking a pair of La Sportiva Trango S boots, love them. Had them since August, best boot I've had so far. Used to wear Asolos, but they would fall apart after 6 to 8 months of use. These Trango's are showing almost no signs of wear, had them close to 6 months now. Heard of guys getting a good 2 years outta a pair, more if they get them resoled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I know that they look like a throw back from the "Nazi" days, but believe me, they are great.

10-15 years on average for Limmers.

I can't imagine a boot lasting that long. I am getting six months out of my lighter boots, Merrills I think, and a couple of years out of my Wescos. If I wore the Wescos everyday they wouldn't last me that long, especially not walking on pavement. Fire boots used to last a season or two max and that was just summers. Maybe I'm just hard on stuff.

I imagine the bigger/heavier a person is, the quicker their footgear wears out.
I think I am an exception to the rule... I am not exactly what you would call a big heavy person, but my footgear wears out superfast as well. :/:

I'm using these at the moment, and I really love them.

0-07be299a-800.jpg

Re those chainsaw protective? Where'd you get them, how much....?

I think I am an exception to the rule... I am not exactly what you would call a big heavy person, but my footgear wears out superfast as well. :/:

I'm using these at the moment, and I really love them.

0-07be299a-800.jpg

No chainsaw protective, but I use it also with spurs. They are made in Italy, from Arbpro. I'm sure you can find them in the UK and in Australia , not sure about US.
You can find them at Treegear : http://www.treegear.com.au/arbpro-tree-climbing-boots/?setCurrencyId=1 ( 249 australian $....here they are cheaper....).
They make also chainsaw protective , and price is more or less the same.

Nice produtcs from Arbpro, guess I saw a video that someone had posted here of a a guy removing an euc who was using their winch.

im curious to know price as well. my merrills are just about burned (6 months i think?). my hoffmans are holding up really well but they weigh more than my 16" red dawgs (which ive had for going on 8 years).

For those wondering about it, I emailed them about pricing and buying and here is what they said:

Hello Nick,

I'm afraid your only option would be to go via mail order.

I will send you the needed information to purchase a pair via mail
order. Pricing will be on the order form attached to this email.

We prefer to work from tracings and measurements of your feet rather
than assuming anything about sizing. Sizing varies greatly from one
manufacturer to the next. The boots may be returned for a refund or
exchange as long as they come back to us in new condition.

I am attaching both tracing/measuring instructions as well as an order
form. Please follow the instructions as close as possible as this is
the information we use to determine your most likely size. Let me know
if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Ken Smith
Limmer Boot Inc
603-694-2668

I think I'm going to go for it.

Back