ITCC photos/ ATG Elevator Climb

rbtree

Climbing Up
I'm in Portland for the last day of the ISA conference. Some good speakers, some so so..... It was great to see ya there, Willie and Greg. Wish I'd gotten to meet Burnham.....

The very hawt dreadlocked Swede Veronika Ericsson won the Master's with a very good climb. And Beddes came back from what might have been semi-retirement to handily win his 9th world title with a smooth and flawless climb. The man literally "dances with trees" Here's some pics.....typical of me, I have mostly pics of the women up first....have lots more to look through, including many from day one qualifying, and some cool shots of the Kid's Climb, an annual event put on by the New Tribe folks and Tree Climbers International.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157631065548888/show

Jo Hedger, last year's champ, on the limb walk
7781537284_6b2d20ca8a_b.jpg

And Veronika
7781549386_5b22fc8549_b.jpg

The Ascending the Giants team put on a cool Elevator Climb on the Portland Audubon Society's grounds not 5 miles from downtown Portland. The lines were rigged in two appx 260 foot 350 yr old Douglas-fir trees. Two people went up at once, while two others descended on the other end of the lines, which were strung up one fir, across to the 2nd, and down. Two wildlife biologists were on one line, and went up right next to each guest rider.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157631031219580/

7765468548_d7d8a4a741_b.jpg

7765473804_320416b323_b.jpg

I saw you up next to the flagging line Sunday, Rog, but never got within hailing distance. Couldn't locate Willie either, but had luck connecting with David and Sylvia, Dave, Greg, Jaime, Kevin B., and some local colorful characters in the arb scene as well, friends all.

It was a joy to watch these comps, and I agree that Beddes is smooth as silk.

Dang it, I assumed you were not there Sunday as I couldn't locate you either even though I hung out with Greg, Dave and Roger all day! :dur: Didn't see David and Sylvia, Bob or Kevin either...

I guess. I don't do yellow on my days off anymore or I probably wouldn't have been very covert.

SOTC Colors I believe.

Funny thing, I put on a clean Davey shirt as soon as I get out of the shower, and then wear it to work the next day, I got tired of washing two shirts for each work day, so now I am Daveyed out atleast 6x24 :)

Back