Insufficient priveleges to reply here?

Bromance is strong in the Danish winters.

That one doesn't work on me, Carl. Has no bite at all.
I'm Scandinavian.
Apart from the folks in San Francisco, we are probably the people in the World with the least amount of homophobia.

Da Murph is a bit on the chubby side for my taste and it would probably be impossible to get him to shut up in bed, but hell, why not.

I resemble that ;)

See... I can take one for the team....

reminds me of the day I tried to cut a white-faced hornets' nest out of the lowest limb of a Norway maple. Thinking I could drop the nest with one stroke of the handsaw and I would be ok because once the nest was on the ground, the hornets would be looking for it, not trying to protect it. So I approached real sneaky like from the bucket but when I made a single stroke with the handsaw. the branch dropped, but the nest didn't. I quickly realized I had cut the wrong branch, leaving me in the bucket within arms reach of the angry hornets. They came after me with a vengeance as I squatted down, swatting them with my handsaw while reaching for the controls to back away, all the while screaming in a high pitched voice like a little girl. Once I got out of there, I looked down at the guys laughing so hard they were literally rolling on the ground. And who could blame them? they knew if my plan worked they were going to have to deal with the angry insects once the hive hit the lawn.

There was only one little sucker holding that nest up, but it fooled me. It was one of those that get triggered to grow after the branch gets opened up to new light. This little limb was half the size of your pinky. It started on the underside of the limb and hooked 90 degrees up past the back of the limb and through the nest.

The truth of it is I was actually feeling a little bored that day: one of the very few times in these 38 years. Still have the scar to show for it where I whacked my forearm with a silky zubat. I got stung less than 10 times which was surprising given how close I was and how pissed off they were.

Last edited:
I resemble that ;)

reminds me of the day I tried to cut a white-faced hornets' nest out of the lowest limb of a Norway maple. Thinking I could drop the nest with one stroke of the handsaw and I would be ok because once the nest was on the ground, the hornets would be looking for it, not trying to protect it. So I approached real sneaky like from the bucket but cut the wrong branch, leaving me in the bucket within arms reach of the angry hornets. They came after me with a vengeance as I squatted down in the bucket, swatting them with my handsaw while reaching for the controls to back away, all the while screaming in a high pitched voice like a little girl. I looked down and the guys were literally rolling on the ground, they laughing so hard. And who could blame them? they knew if my plan worked they were going to have to deal with the angry insects once the hive hit the lawn.

There was only one little sucker holding that nest up, but it fooled me. It was one of those that get triggered after the branch gets opened up to light. It started on the underside of the limb and hooked the back of the limb and up through the nest.

Truth of it is I was actually feeling a little bored that day: one of the very few times in these 38 years. Still have the scar to show for it where I whacked my forearm with a silky zubat. I got stung less than 10 times which was surprising given how close I was and how pissed off they were.

Guy nearly died near me doing the same thing couple of years back, Asian hornets, vindictive bastards.
Changed career got trained up and is now an exterminator of their nests

That one doesn't work on me, Carl. Has no bite at all.
I'm Scandinavian.
Apart from the folks in San Francisco, we are probably the people in the World with the least amount of homophobia.

Da Murph is a bit on the chubby side for my taste and it would probably be impossible to get him to shut up in bed, but hell, why not.
lost my virginity to a danish exchange student . she taught me that Over there, they definitely don't have to carry around all that puritan baggage that we haul around here in the states.

Funny, I lost mine to a Californian girl in Israel.
She was indeed quite inhibited, being the daughter of a minister.
It was like god was watching her every time we made love.
Quite turned me off of sex for a while.

Aaaaaaand this thread takes yet another turn.

Flippy caps, anyone?

Last edited:
Oh have you seen the flamethrowing drones for getting rid of hornets nest!!!!
It's really a thing!

You know what isn't a bad cap for a screw on, is the newer PoulanPro caps. They have a fixed throw, so you screw it on all the way, and it's locked. Hasn't been time tested by me, but initial performance is good. It's probably used on some kind of Husky too, but I don't have any.

I resemble that ;)

reminds me of the day I tried to cut a white-faced hornets' nest out of the lowest limb of a Norway maple. Thinking I could drop the nest with one stroke of the handsaw and I would be ok because once the nest was on the ground, the hornets would be looking for it, not trying to protect it. So I approached real sneaky like from the bucket but when I made a single stroke with the handsaw. the branch dropped, but the nest didn't. I quickly realized I had cut the wrong branch, leaving me in the bucket within arms reach of the angry hornets. They came after me with a vengeance as I squatted down, swatting them with my handsaw while reaching for the controls to back away, all the while screaming in a high pitched voice like a little girl. Once I got out of there, I looked down at the guys laughing so hard they were literally rolling on the ground. And who could blame them? they knew if my plan worked they were going to have to deal with the angry insects once the hive hit the lawn.

There was only one little sucker holding that nest up, but it fooled me. It was one of those that get triggered to grow after the branch gets opened up to new light. This little limb was half the size of your pinky. It started on the underside of the limb and hooked 90 degrees up past the back of the limb and through the nest.

The truth of it is I was actually feeling a little bored that day: one of the very few times in these 38 years. Still have the scar to show for it where I whacked my forearm with a silky zubat. I got stung less than 10 times which was surprising given how close I was and how pissed off they were.

Somehow I missed that post.

The big hornets are really a pest.

Always ready to liven up a treeman's day.

I was felling a 307 year old maple at one of our major castles about 6 years ago, national TV was filming.
I went up and took some branches off, to make it clear the next tree in line, when it fell.
As the first branch hit the ground, a swarm of hornets came out from an underground nest between the roots of the tree.
Richard had to pull my line over to another tree, so I could descend without landing in the swarm ( Thank god for SRT).

So we waited a bit for them to calm down.
Eventually the film crew got restless and we just had to cowboy up and get her done.

So I went up to the truck, took a large dose of antihistamines and taped my sleeves and gloves together and took a few turns around my collar as well to keep them out.
Then simply went and dropped the tree.

I didn't get stung!

Having been a beekeeper for years, I have noticed that when you are sorta zen-like around the bees, they don't sting.
I wonder if my " frig it, let's get the tree on the ground" attitude worked the same way.

Maybe I just got lucky.

maybe thats it. but i really enjoy talking with people with different perspectives. i kind of feel like we had a good poker game going on that got busted up by the police. there is no need for both a sanitized treebuzz and a sanitized treehouse IMO.

Back