Insufficient priveleges to reply here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had noticed when I looked at new posts that about 90 percent was coming from that area. I completely stopped looking in that area a couple months ago. But then there wasn't much to see here. I guess there's only so much that can be said about trees. Well I guess it's back to hitch cord.

Got any hitch cord you really love? I have Flex, Beeline, and RIT, as well as non heat resistant Sterling. Haven't tried the RIT yet(was supposed to be for rigging, but I don't really rig), but it seems like there should be something better.

I don't do this stuff enough, so something will be amazing til I hit the circumstance when it isn't. I was pretty happy with 10mm Beeline, but it seemed to lockup when wet. I haven't had a lot of time with the Flex, but there's something about it I'm not crazy about. When I get a few more things I need, I think I'll get a big hitch cord sampler. Gonna tryout some different hitches too. I mostly use loops, but that doesn't work great with the HitchClimber, which I really dig.

Lots of hitch cords are gonna act like shit when they get wet. I haven’t got caught in the rain on SRT yet, but wet hitches on DdRT will still work ok.
If a used climbing line gets pretty saturated though, the hitch always wrings a bunch of disgusting brown water out of it, right into my lap. Not fun.

I’m very much enjoying this derail BTW.

Love flippy caps. You don't need anything more than your fingers to put them on or off. What I hate is monofilament cap retainers instead of cord. Too stiff, and get in the way of pouring gas and oil. I guess the old school beadchains work too, but I've never used them.

Have you ever had a perfectly fine looking flippy cap that fails to function properly? And no it is not operator error.

Nope, but I have walked 200' back to the truck to get the scrench I forgot so I could get oil in the saw. I've also futzed with the 2511 pull handle to remove caps. It's great that they thought of that feature, but they should have thought a little harder, and put flippy caps on it :^P

The only saw that I need a tool to open the caps is the 2511. It seems that they have to get put on tight real tight otherwise they open by themselves. I just use the snap on my lanyard the pull handle trick is less user friendly IMO.

I never had the 2511 cap come completely loose, but they have a very narrow sweet spot between dribble cap, and having to use a tool to remove it. Have to keep the gasket spotless too. Since I keep the 2511 in the cab of the truck, I can always tell when it's time to clean the gasket :^/

Flippy caps are great ... until they are not ... had one grenade on me while removing . Fortunately the saw was on its side redy for refueling ... I do not understand why STIHL went to this style when the old screw-in , scrench-slot version worked fine ... 15147BC2-CB77-44F1-9AB4-8220B6EF7AC4.jpeg i. If you look at the upside down u-shaped component, you can see where it failed in the lower right quadrant - the plastic simply sheared off -

How about just shutting the stupid election threads down.
They have obviously run their course.

Shutting the whole thing down just makes us like the other treeforums, that can't have a political political forum, because the menbers would end up dismembering each other.
As I remember, Butch was quite proud that we were different.
That was then.. this is now.. take a look in the mirror.. you've called me an idiot and a moron several times. That's exactly what he asked us not to do.

Back