Insufficient priveleges to reply here?

Benjo75

Treehouser
I stay away from the politics and religion forum but one caught my attention and I was reading through it. No intention to reply. At the bottom it read "You have insufficient priveleges to reply here". I've not seen that before. It's on every thread in the politics and religion forum. Am I the only one who is getting this message? I'm in the Tribal Elders forum. I don't think I post controversial material. Definitely not to the extent that I see in those areas anyway. Just wondering. There are members who are steadily posting there so it may be just me.

Boring would be another word for it.
I sure hope this is temporary.

Yes same here. I assume it is a form of a locked thread.

Just looked , does seem a locked up thread ... either a moot topic as election ended some time ago , or ... the last literary reference falls under Godwin's Rule

I asked Kevin to please write "Mein Kampf" with kapitals.
I meant that as a joke.
Kevin has called me a Nazi, so of course I'd like for him to treat mein Führer's book with respect.

If that got the whole political section shut down, maybe my sense of humor isn't as good as I thought.

For a dumb logger to be called any kind of intellectual, even pseudo, is a compliment.
So thanks, Carl.

Last edited:
Let there be peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
I bet it is temporarily turned off in the Spirit of the advent.

Nothing to do with Christmas, tired of people not engaging sensibly.

I thoroughly enjoy debate/exchange with people who think differently; I learn more about what and why I think like I do, expands horizons, etc.

I thoroughly don’t enjoy bickering, there’s absolutely nothing to be gained from it... neither party “wins” neither party is “right”. It’s divisive, abrasive, and leads to both sides bitching to me about the other like they’re blameless and not equally annoying. If I start banning people for being annoying we’ll all be gone, the lurkers will inherit the House with no Admin. 😂

Turning off the ability to reply in that forum wasn’t in response to any particular person/group. I figured a vacation would be nice.

It’s our Christmas gift from Carl!

merry Christmas Carl!

Merry Christmas!

How about just shutting the stupid election threads down.
They have obviously run their course.

Shutting the whole thing down just makes us like the other treeforums, that can't have a political political forum, because the menbers would end up dismembering each other.
As I remember, Butch was quite proud that we were different.

Butch did say that and was proud of the Members here , it does make us different ... (Election stuff ends anyways shortly on it's own)

For the Record ... I value all the posts on the election threads , even the ones I totally disagree with that I may I find temporarily infuriating. Blacksmith cracks me up for humor quite often , same for Treesmith and Jimbo. I always say "the way you feel is the way you feel" ... (Damn , I just quoted myself). ... Bottom line is , as fellow members I would trust any one of them to help me with a Tree should I need and hope the others feel the same.

Back