In-tree throwbag/line management

IMAG0474_resize.jpg
IMAG0473_resize.jpg

Did some digging around and found mine that I used to use when I first started. Interesting that your attachment point to the rod is on the flat side of the reel. With the throwline attached, I would simply click the ring of the throwbag into the carabiner.

Yep. Yours has the rewind lever 90 degrees out of phase with the way mine is designed.
Does it by chance fold flat against the body of the reel when not in use?
That would be great for protecting it from snagging on things.

There is a sticker on it that says "Heddon Japan." After doing a bunch of research, it looks like the parts were made in Japan and then assembled here in America. My grandpa gave this reel to me when I was a kid, and he had it for some time before that. I haven't been able to find this online, but I did find the exact same one only a different color. It was a "NAGOYA JAPAN K.T. 10." I found a bunch of other newer ones called "Shakespere Silent," and "SOUTH BEND Oren-O-Matic Fly Reel+++++Model 1140," these were similar.

The Nagoya one I saw was being sold for almost $100 dollars! I can't believe that I was beating it up in a tree!

I shot this video a few weeks ago and forgot to post it...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xn6ATuhPArw?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really cool set up Nick. I am going with biner on mine myself, no auto wind. I use the biner like a handle to wind it back up and it clips to the belt while I am working the line. I might add the small clip to old the bag all tied in place for storage. Thanks :)

I pretty much had mine set up the same way, Nic. I too carried it in the little new tribe bag and had the snap to clip it to my belt when making the shots. Mine though was a manual reel and I stripped out just enough line to reach the limb and get the bag back to me. I'm surprised that over the years I only bent the rim of the reel a couple of times. Which was always an easy fix. Just apply opposite force.

I've got one that I've been using for years. It attaches to my saddle via a Nitize S-Biner that barely fits over the flanges on the back of the reel (flanges are then bent around biner to snug it up).

Attachments

• Lil shot with autoreel 003.jpg
    Lil shot with autoreel 003.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 16
Ger- imagine a big shot AND throwbag all in one. You can can launch it in the same way you'd shoot a rubber band across the room. It can make it easy to make some of those tight shots where you barely have room to swing your arms.

I haven't used it, but seen it in action and seems like it works.

love
nick

It's NOT for long range, that's a given. I can't think of who made it but he posted a video about it... anyone remember???

Ha, I posted the video of my "Lil Shot" quite a while back. It's not a very good vid but you get the concept. I just made a new one yesterday so I'll try to make a vid of the new one in action.

Here's the old one again.

http://youtu.be/egcHHL88hB4

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/egcHHL88hB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Butch!

It works fantastic in the tree Mr. B! It shoots 35' vertical with ease and I'm hoping my new one will push 40'-45' but I haven't tested it yet.

Back