In-tree throwbag/line management

This thread came at just the right time.
I'll be changing the rubber band on my bigshot this weekend, now I know what to do with the old one.

The trick of it (and the reason it's gotta be easily detachable) is you make your shot, drop it down right away (don't even think of trying to drag it back over ANY branch cuz it'll wreck the rubber with a quickness!), remove the rubber and then continue advancing your rope.

The dowel is actually one of the most important pieces to the puzzle. When you pull it back you have to stretch it pretty hard and a thimble would snap your finger so you gotta have something to hold onto that directs it away from your hand or you'll smack your hand and it friggin HURTS!!!!!!!!!

I went through several prototypes that failed miserably and once I implemented the dowel it was on like donkey kong! I messed around with it for about 4 months before I finally perfected it and it's been an active and life saving part of my kit since.... and that was like 3 years ago. I made the new one cuz the old one was about worn out but it made countless shots for me and I can't imagine not having it in my arsenal of tricks.

Just remember that it is what it is, which is an accurate short range direct line shooter. If you have a small window to get your line through (which for me is most of the time) then it's the only way to go. When it's thrown it flies in an arc and most situations I'm in need to be straight shots.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like it and I hope some of ya make your own and it serves you well... it's been damn good to me!8)

I do as well and I have said this before when this was talked about, branch doc, you should market this. I think you could make some $.

I've been told that before but I don't know where to begin to try to market it.

Hell, when it really comes down to it I'm just a guy that climbs a lot of trees and will break the brain to figure out a way to make it easier!!

But thanks again guys, the opinions of the peeps on this forum carries a lot of weight with me... except for the Canadians, haha GDC's!!!:P:P

:D:lol:

"Necessity is the mother of invention" talk to a patton clerk or lawyer and pitch the idea to Sherrill. You already have a working prototype and a good R&D base so why not? I am sure that is how the big shot came to be.

Ya got a point dude, ya got a point! Maybe it's time to see what the big boys think of my idea... ugh.:|:

I do as well and I have said this before when this was talked about, branch doc, you should market this. I think you could make some $.

I think if you patent it first, you may never recoup the cost if the patent. How much would y'all pay for something like this?

And where would you get the tubing?

I think if you patent it first, you may never recoup the cost if the patent. How much would y'all pay for something like this?

And where would you get the tubing?

Not saying a patent per say but at least some kind of documentation or intelectual (sp) property rights. I would think around 30 35 $ but then again I do not know what it would cost to buy materials and build. I mean there guys paying $100 plus for three bolts and some sheet metal.

Well, I can tell you that the cost to make it is very little... less than $5 bucks buying the materials retail.

As far as the price to sell it for...? I think $25-$35 would be an appropriate price for a tool of it's caliber. But hell, I dunno what a good marketable price for something like that should be. All I know is that it works and it improves my efficiency and capabilities.

"The Lill Shot for when the Big Shot is just too big" "The Lill Shot for when time is money" "The Lill Shot for when you need a tack hammer" "Be the sniper of tree work use The Lill Shot" "The tree wont even know what hit them, Brought to you by The Lill Shot"

ae6be9f6-bdd9-bcaf.jpg

Found a great deal on eBay. A little behind on posting the picture.

Hopefully get a chance to check it out this week.

I've been told that before but I don't know where to begin to try to market it.

:

Make them and then sell them. People will buy them cause its a great idea and most people dont have time to fiddle around trying to get it right. Tree equipment is great because its not the tool thats worth money its what it does for the buyer thats worth money. If it saves 5 minutes a day, than its worth A LOT of money in the long run.

If you go forward with it put it in a package with a name, a price and instructions, with a link to a descent demo video to boot. The retailers like it like that. It is not difficult to do. Wholesale for these kinds of things would normally be about 50%. So figure you and the retailer double your money.

If you go forward with it put it in a package with a name, a price and instructions, with a link to a descent demo video to boot. The retailers like it like that. It is not difficult to do. Wholesale for these kinds of things would normally be about 50%. So figure you and the retailer double your money.

It's a little less intimidating when you put it like that Mr. B.

Back