In-tree throwbag/line management

Here's what the new one looks like... it's a bit longer and more of a simple design.

Attachments

• New Lil Shot 005.jpg
    New Lil Shot 005.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 15
  • New Lil Shot 001.jpg
    New Lil Shot 001.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14
  • New Lil Shot 002.jpg
    New Lil Shot 002.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 12
I don't think so, the tubing is flipped around its self or something. I had a sling shot that broke one time with the same knot in it, and really couldn't replicate it. I think it has something to do with flipping the tubing inside out or something.

Not sure which I like better yet but the shackle should perform better as long as it doesn't become a snag waiting to happen... I'll be finding out tomorrow though.

The "girth" hitch (or whatever the hell it is) is kinda a pain in the ass! You gotta punch a hole through one side of the tube about 3/4"-1" from the end. Then you gotta feed the other end through the hole all the way till it's cinched up. If you don't use liquid dish soap and warm water for a lubricant it'll never happen.

Instead of a wooden dowel in the end, what if it had like a little leather cap/thimble sortof a deal that you could stick the end of your thumb in and launch much in the same way as you'd launch a rubber band?

How do you tie the girth hitch looking knot around the shackle?

Nice rig by the way!

I don't think so, the tubing is flipped around its self or something. I had a sling shot that broke one time with the same knot in it, and really couldn't replicate it. I think it has something to do with flipping the tubing inside out or something.

FWIW, here's how the BigShot tubing "knot" is formed:

Attachments

• BigShot Pouch Connection 1000x750.jpg
    BigShot Pouch Connection 1000x750.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9
You like the shackle better than the screw link? I would think the shackle could get hung up in a crotch easier. Just askin ....

Just thinkin' ... Would Nick's little snap work on the end of the tubing?

Also, prolly NOT good pullin' all that tubing, link (snap), bag back through a crotch.

Attachments

• Nick's in-tree-thowline.png
    Nick's in-tree-thowline.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to be just the right amount of "hook" to the hook...even then, might be tricky to get it to fly free consistently.

Wouldn't a hook on the end release just the bag and save the works going through a crotch?

Yeah, that'd work.

BTW, Branch Doc, gotta love that single tube sling shot, especially the name; "Lil Shot". :thumbup::thumbup:

You gotta sell that to Tobe :big-money:

Have to be just the right amount of "hook" to the hook...even then, might be tricky to get it to fly free consistently.

I was just picturing working the bag down prior to taking the lil shot off. I think the snap could snag a branch easier.

Good points! I'd worry more about bag and the Li'l Shot forming a little 'Y' on the end of the line and snagging everything like a little bola.

Perhaps ... just thinkin' again ... use one of those bags with an attachment loop on the end of the bag. Clip the Li'l Shot to that little loop and the thowline on the ring ... then everything would be in-line ... maybe ... fly up and work down better?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like it might.

But after all, Branch Doc reports that it works great just as it is...maybe we don't need to fix what ain't broke :D.

But after all, Branch Doc reports that it works great just as it is...maybe we don't need to fix what ain't broke :D.

Point taken.

6129969515_003c4a1f25.jpg

Last edited:
Back