In The News...

Mick, let me try to help you out here. The progressive left have been taking over most universities here in the US going back to the 50's. California has been especially inundated with this line of thinking, so that there are few to no competing lines of thinking in place, let alone even allowed to practice there. Amost every college in California has added entire "Diversity/SJW" administrations and course requirements to boot, while the administrations have allowed professors/student groups to dismiss/harass/outright attack any other line of thinking, facts be damned.

Well I understand now that he was probably a liberal, is that what drove him to arson I wonder?

Are all liberals potential arsonists? Is there something in their mindset that craves huge fires?

Bob seems to think so.

Liberal isn't the correct term for them, they're Progressives, on the nasty side of things. I appreciate a good old time liberal: freedom of speech, anti-war, appreciated real science. Not the mind warped progressives who want to destroy much that is good for the benefit of the "collective".

Last edited:
Funny. Most people would characterize the invading army that overtook the Capitol as conservatives, though I don’t know a single conservative who would participate in such idiocy. I suppose conservative/liberal are flexible to some extent.

I'm 100% with you there Scott, but I think we have a strong disagreement on what constitutes a "conservative". I don't consider Trump cultists conservative under any sane definition. There was a time when If I were forced to choose between joining the Democrat or Republican party, I'd have had a hard time deciding. There's stuff about both I like, but if absolutely forced, I'd have probably gone Republican. Today, if somebody tried to make me join the clusterfuck of whatever the hell the "Republicans" are doing, I'd kill the shit out of them.

I'm 100% with you there Scott, but I think we have a strong disagreement on what constitutes a "conservative". I don't consider Trump cultists conservative under any sane definition. There was a time when If I were forced to choose between joining the Democrat or Republican party, I'd have had a hard time deciding. There's stuff about both I like, but if absolutely forced, I'd have probably gone Republican. Today, if somebody tried to make me join the clusterfuck of whatever the hell the "Republicans" are doing, I'd kill the shit out of them.

Warren Buffet just called and said thanks for paying for his new track and upgrades.

He was a bit short this quarter and needed the cash. Elections are expensive.

I said I would let you know.

How come the Afghani government is so terrible at fighting? They have every advantage aside from possibly numbers.

Totally reminds me of how we ended up getting out of Vietnam. The military is saying it's just a quick extraction of diplomatic personnel without admitting they're scrambling to get them out of there before they're slaughtered by the Taliban.

How come the Afghani government is so terrible at fighting? They have every advantage aside from possibly numbers.

Govts don't fight shit.

The Afghan is a hell of a fighter, but geopolitical he is not.

The extreme tribalism of Afghanistan has never lent itself to being managed by a central government very well.

Not our concern anymore Brett, not that it ever should have been.

Bingo.

Honestly...the Taliban aren't much of a threat to anyone anyway.

The whole premise of the war in Afghanistan today looks so preposterous....that the whole 911 being an inside job theory looks more and more plausible.

Didn't know exactly how to word it, but what I meant was the guys with an airforce. An airforce is a force multiplier.

A fully capable, mission ready air force is a very, very complex affair.

Very few nations have the wherewithal to field such a force....in a timely and consistent manner.

Ground support and spare parts are a real killer.

That sort of thing is just not in the Afghan "wheel house".

Back