In The News...

Anyway, back to the news.

This might have to be revised if Scotland splits, it looks like it might now.

WkM0cwT.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got in trouble in the 5th grade for having a haircut like Mr. Spock. I had to cut my bangs...

If I got a whuppin I figured I didn't deserve it probably made up for one I didn't get that I did deserve. As I've said before, Dad was into creative punishment...I created a lot of drain fields and dry wells with last-leg shovels and 2" gravel.

I spent several summers working for someone Dad figured I'd wronged somehow, until he thought I'd made good on my deeds.

I won't lie. Fear of physical punishment drove me down the straight and arrow. I've never had to raise a hand to my own daughter, but I have convinced her a few times I was strongly considering it. And I've made it clear its my right to do so if I feel I need to. Which it is. Plain and simple.

I don't know enough to comment on it but that's never stopped me before. I do know the special little snowflakes here are in meltdown mode so I'm all for it.

If that was pointing at me, sorry to disappoint you.

I've had to take the week off from work, because I can't get my arms down enough to run a saw.

Whatcha mean Stig? Are you cheering?

It is going to be really fun to watch the Scottish deal. They say they want to break away from the UK and re-join the EU.

What possible campaign could London launch that would not sound like total bullshit? Could they tell the Scots not to leave because it would weaken the UK? Could they say there would be too much uncertantity? Could they tell them there is no coming back? Could they possibly say "stronger within"?

Dancing on the roof top, swilling Champagne.
Pink Champagne, no less:lol:

Yup, couldn't be happier with the result, except I'd have liked a greater margin for leave.

The snowflakes here in the US stig, wasn't even thinking about you. I do remember you didn't care for the EU.

Stand corrected, sorry.
Didn't care is too mild.

Jim, that one is going to need some explaining?

Yup.
That was seriously weird.

I'm really biting my tounge right now, trying not to say something like, " Do you actually know anything about the history of the EU"

Shit, didn't bite it hard enough.

Almost though. My youngest dog is hunting around after the tip, which is flopping around madly under my PC table.

Honestly, Stig. Type away. I would love to hear the condensed "Stig" history of the EU.

I never got past how they could still be friends with DeGaulle. After that French wanker told the UK no, I would have told them to fack off.

Not an unreasonable supposition Jim.

Its very complex, so much so that even us, in the mix, so to speak find it difficult to be certain about everything.

You know what time it is here, Jim?
Just got back from a long road trip.
I'll give you the condenses " The history of the anything but democratic attempt at an United States of Europe, without anybody ever having the guts to come out and say that" according to Stig some other time.

But believe me, EU is a product of the rich.

I remember when I was a kid that dad was very excited about the fall of the Soviet Union. Well, maybe excited wasn't the word. Astounded maybe. No one knew what to think.

He was of course excited about not having to command a Armored Cav unit in the Fulda Gap.

Being only 33, I feel that this is one of the most terrifying/astonishing times I have witnessed.

Good luck!

It was Churchill that coined that phrase wasn't it Stig? United States of Europe?

No problem. Get some rest. From what I have gathered, there was a lot of "empire building" in the begining. What was it? The European Coal and Steel company?

Dont take me too seriously, you know I dont like big, all powerful Central Governments very much.

Back