In The News...

Yes, I was asking for your opinion. I am just trying to understand it!

For me, I cant justify prohibition of some substance on the fringes, when I like drinking legal Tennessee Whiskey.

Sometimes its just easier and better to let the bloody people have what they want.

Yes, I was asking for your opinion. I am just trying to understand it!

For me, I cant justify prohibition of some substance on the fringes, when I like drinking legal Tennessee Whiskey.

Sometimes its just easier and better to let the bloody people have what they want.

And that's your choice/opinion. I can respect that. I just don't agree with it, as you don't mine. No biggie. I am dead set against pretty well all drugs stronger than marijuana myself. It's just how I feel about it. Coke, meth, fentanyl, car fentanyl, smack, whack, bum rush, whatever. Nah. Illegal. Lock em up and beat em a bit until they stop sweating.

Well. I don't know much of anything about it. So I feel like this could be a trick question. But I'm gonna say, thumbs down.

No im not for legalizing coke or any hard drugs. To addictive. I've tried it, many many years ago now. It immediately triggered the 'f-ck no' response in me. Run away.
Im not sure I understand your position. its the drug users fault, not the dealers, but it should be illegal? how does that add up? The pharmaceuticals are sending enough pills to small towns across the country to give every man women and child 500 pills and its okay? its the end users responsibility alone? but only weed should be legal? your two lines of thinking stand in opposition to each other.

My number???

9b0.png

Im not sure I understand your position. its the drug users fault, not the dealers, but it should be illegal? how does that add up? The pharmaceuticals are sending enough pills to small towns across the country to give every man women and child 500 pills and its okay? its the end users responsibility alone? but only weed should be legal? your two lines of thinking stand in opposition to each other.

Seems pretty clear to me. Legal drugs prescribed by a doc, take at your own risk. Street drugs. Illegal.

Follow me now?

It doesn't cure them of their addiction, but it keeps them from having to commit crimes and prostitute themselves in order to raise money for their daily fix.

Cheaper for society in the long run.

It doesn't cure them of their addiction, but it keeps them from having to commit crimes and prostitute themselves in order to raise money for their daily fix.

Cheaper for society in the long run.

Correct, or at least that’s the thinking.

The thing that pisses me off about methadone is that there are drugs available that really help people get off of the opiates.

Got some family history with methadone, so I guess its a valid opinion?

Drugs to get off drugs.....

Another Irish (reformed) smack head who did some days for me over here told me he got into heroin when with friends (aged14) when it was used to help the comedown off ecstasy.

It's definetly a complicated issue. And admittedly not as simple as saying, 'this is legal and this is illegal'. I mean that's what we pretty well have right now and it isn't working out for those who can't make good decisions for themselves.

I am kind of hard nosed about it. I just see addicts as useless f-cks who are to weak to make the right choice. Sorry if that offends anyone. But it's how I honestly feel about it. Not a lot of mercy. Probably a character flaw I'm sure.

Drugs to get off drugs.....

Another Irish (reformed) smack head who did some days for me over here told me he got into heroin when with friends (aged14) when it was used to help the comedown off ecstasy.

Yeah, maybe its a silly idea.

But there has been some success with Suboxone.

I just wonder if it should be tried more often, rather than farming out patients for years and years on methadone.

Seems pretty clear to me. Legal drugs prescribed by a doc, take at your own risk. Street drugs. Illegal.

Follow me now?
No, I don't follow. that implies a lot of faith in the medical system. I don't see the difference between going to the pharmacy in a back alley or a doctor in a lab coat. why should one be legal and the other not legal?

You're getting to hung up on that Kevin. Really it matters not whether the pusher is a doctor or a drug dealer. People need to advocate for themselves and not be like, 'well the doc prescribed it to me for my stubbed toe so I thought I'd be fine'.

Look both ways before you cross the street and get a clue about what pill you're sliding down your throat.

most people do what the doctor says. If the doctor gives them 60 pills and say to take them they take them.

Back