I'm Conducting An Experiment!

If you are getting saw dust in your boots try warm weather gators.

Never climbed with shorts, but climbed shirtless a lot of times. Lately I have been using long sleeves with a hand towel under my hardhat to protect my neck and ears from the sun. I figured I better start lessening my chances of getting skin cancer in my old age. Sun screen doesn't work very well according to the latest reports and many brands can even cause cancer by the chemicals in the sun screen.

Yah Butch - thats kinda nutty - just get some Under Armor underwear and life will be better. I had some stretch air pants for awhile - the ultimate for hot weather with aforementioned underwear. Maybe shorts on little pruning jobs. I also love carharts for affordable climbing pants - never blue jeans - yuck.

Greg, the tech pants suck in the high humidity down here. All the Northern guys like them, even in the 'heat'. But us guys down here in the sauna can't handle them. After Katrina when everybody went to New Orleans to help out, more than a couple guys who wore tech pants said they were mighty uncomfortable there.

The trouble with the tech pants is they wont soak up your sweat, so you end up with soaking legs and slippy slinky sweaty tech pants sliding and icking around your legs. Yuck.

Lighweight cotton pants are the best, what we call combat pants in a loose cut, and keep 2 - 3 pairs in the truck.
Working in Brisbane, Austrailia in the heatwave taught me all about humidity and high working temps. Gotta respect you guys doing it for life...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, other than burning my thighs in four places, the experiment was a smashing success! I won't be doing it again anytime soon, thank you very much.

I kinda looked like HHH, LOL!

Maybe this is a good time to warn against using a chainsaw whilst wearing only a brassiere as a top. As it was getting pretty warm, I tried it a few years ago....only to find that even a not so huge amount of cleavage will get quickly full of chips and held tight with a band of cotton. Very uncomfortable. Never again. :what:

TC....you're probably the only one here that can make use of that little titbit of knowledge....although maybe the others could enjoy the mental 'image'. :|:

I sweat like "whore in church" daily. Arborwear tech pant here. Lots ot PI and Yellow jackets here, and brutal bushwhacking.....................lots of water is a good idea. I have climbined in shorts for fun.....not with a saw though, stiches suck:D

All you had to do was ask! The purple pads were to keep the sawdust outta my boots.

I was the fashion envy of all the crew! 8)

Attachments

• pads 011.jpg
    pads 011.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
  • pads 018.jpg
    pads 018.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 5
You probably could have been mistaken for some kind of medical freak case walking around with spikes on in shorts and all that padding.

Why would anyone ever think that? :?

Attachments

• vertex 003.jpg
    vertex 003.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 7
The two sets of pads look like they would pretty much negate any cooling benefit from wearing shorts. At least pants can move around and breathe a little bit. I think having tight fitting items like those pads would be hotter.

I've been wearing pads for nearly thirty years. It started when all there was to wear on your spurs was those cheap ass leather L-pads. Yes, it is hotter but it's a trade off for me. I'm hooked on the protection/comfort. I tried leaving them home for a couple days and my shins didn't like it one bit. I like the ability to kneel down on uncomfortable stuff.

Maybe this is a good time to warn against using a chainsaw whilst wearing only a brassiere as a top. As it was getting pretty warm, I tried it a few years ago....only to find that even a not so huge amount of cleavage will get quickly full of chips and held tight with a band of cotton. Very uncomfortable. Never again. :what:

:|:

Che, please don't toy with us like that.:D

Back