Would you still be an arborist?

I hear yu No Bivy, I steered all three of my kids away from this profession, having firsthand knowledge of just how bloody it can be over time

Just because you're proficient in this industry's no guarantee your kids will be......

Jomo

The biggest lottery win that I know of was 600 million or thereabouts. I've thought of what I would do if I won that much. One of the things it would include is all nice tree gear and iron and a mechanic to keep it all in top shape - and all indoor parked in a shop.

I would do some work, not like I had to work, not for free, not cheap. Possibly some for barter.

Tree work is my art form, especially when I trim.
Tree work is my form of solving puzzles.
Tree work is a game to me, to accomplish certain things - in time frames and by certain means.
Tree work is always new and different, always something to learn.
Tree work is a great way to meet people and contribute to them in a meaningful way.
Tree work is where I am acknowledged and appreciated the most.
Tree work is what I care the most about out in the world with regard to what I do and how I do it.

There are a lot of places that need tree care and education.

Public schools are one.

Probably wouldn't work for money, just satisfaction.

Tree work is a game to me, to accomplish certain things - in time frames and by certain means.

Merle's post is amazing.

The line quoted above drew my interest the most.

I think it is a very concise and eloquent way to describe the daily challenge of treework.

Trouble is for me, yes it can sometimes be approached positively as a game but many other times those same parameters can seem much more like a battle. Maybe a little like trying to take back downtown Ramadi on a regular basis.

Same job, different mindset. One is a game to be enjoyed, the other is a battle to be won at all costs.

The older and more pitiful you get........the more you overprice challenging jobs.......and as long as all ends well?

My customers these days enjoy a set price, regerdless of how long it takes, unless of course it paints me as a usurious carpetbagger!

Jomo

I was opining about getting muscle cramps and having to call it an early day.

Pitiful compared to 30 years ago..........

Jomo

wth, post 57 is missing on my puter. :?

Is it from murph?

wth, post 57 is missing on my puter. :?

Is it from murph?

Post #57 on my machine...

The older and more pitiful you get........the more you overprice challenging jobs.......and as long as all ends well?

My customers these days enjoy a set price, regerdless of how long it takes, unless of course it paints me as a usurious carpetbagger!

Jomo

Not sure what ignoring members does to post count in threads. Maybe alters it?

Back