Hunting 2012

I've tasted boar balls. If someone started an against hunting thread, it would be one reason not to hunt. I thought it tasted terrible.

I have eaten Bear meat. It is not my favorite, but the guy that shot it really enjoys it. I agree vegetarians are better tasting.

I don't think one thread will stop me from hunting Jay. I have chosen to continue what was once a basic need. Where is that anti/don't get it thread anyway?

I've eaten bear too, and i thought it was pretty good. It can be very hard chewy and the color almost black, but I know some regular hunters that tell me that it can't be beat. There seems to be a lot of variation in the taste for one reason or another. I wonder if Willie ever found a use for all that bear fat he had?

Ah, the slicked back look, cool.... I've noticed that he doesn't seem to need a chin strap on his helmet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is cool:)
I know you well enough to realize that if you'd taken a minute to cool off before replying, your reply would have been mellower.
You horrible killer of small ( and large) innocent cute furry animals, you!:lol:

But if we ever get an anti hunting thread, I'll be a major contributer.
Hunting here is mostly done by a bunch of overweight upper class assholes, trying to reclaim the last vestiges of their lost manhood by whacking grain fed pheasants by the hundreds, while swilling booze and badmouthing vegetarians:lol:

Fortunately I have been hunting deer, quail, sage grouse, chukar and an assortment of hares/rabbits when I worked in Idaho, so I have seen the other side of the coin a well.

I try to believe that it makes me less biased.
I'm after all, probably the only vegetarian hunter and beef grower this world has ever seen:lol:

To be honest Stig, you are 100% right about me. You may have actually taught me something about myself. Makes me think.

Did you make it home Chris? How are you feeling about them little White Mtns? Seriously though I hope you had a great adventure.

Pm me your email and ill send you pics. Had an oportunity to set a new state record but had to make the decision not to. Ill explain. And include pics. Those white mtns are no joke. Not as bad as rockies but i had a rude awakening running up and down them.

I saw that picture but didn't recognize ol Hank. That's pretty neat.

while swilling booze and badmouthing vegetarians

Whats the matter with that? :D

Pics!

I still have some of the bear grease left, stop by and i'll whip up some bear grease biscuits some time;)

Ill post pics tomorrow. Not a happy fella tonight. Need to relax.

Finally had a chance to get out with my boy. The first of many to come I hope.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351985531.623736.jpg
And a little playing around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351985548.941269.jpg

Got the job done today. Got this, a seven point, killed a wounded doe, and killed my own doe. Someone shot this bear in the back of the gut with a .25 WSSM and this bear took off running hard. I tracked him, found him barrelling up a mountain towards a residential area. Rolled him with my 7 mag with some Hornady 162 BTSP's I loaded up with some H4831 SC.
2012-12-01_11-27-32_672.jpg

2012-12-01_11-42-22_856.jpg

2012-12-01_11-46-36_715.jpg

Had that bear been shot previously very recently, do you figure....maybe the same day? Shame about wounded animals that are able to run off.

Back