Hunting 2012

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't start that crap in this thread. Start an anti hunting thread if you need.

Ah well. Go find a nice ole Boar. We'll have to get together for a beer or something next time. Shoot straight.

Roger. I'm going.to bed. These White Mtns aren't a joke. Not bad like out west, but nothing to giggle at either.

Is animal behavior highly predictable? Some will want to show courage(?) like the bear and come down and take a swipe, and others will think of nothing but to run? I wonder how instincts are affected by individual tendencies, if there are those? Previous dealings or not with humans, I guess are a factor?

Bears have varying personalities, same as humans. This bear was seperated from her cub during the chase. That probably aggravated her also. Hence that fact I didn't kill her. I'm holding out for a large boar. No sows, no immature animals.

Good luck to all you hunters this fall. I'm taking the year off. I'll be out there in spirit.

Bud, I might hop around NH from Thursday into Friday. If I do we should grab a sandwich somewhere.

Willie, I saw you friended Greens Hounds on FB. Look at the recent pic of all the guys standing in front of the trailer. The guy in the middle. Hank Williams Jr. He was here staying with the Greens for 2 days and i missed him by 2 hours. This operation is by invite only and Hank wanted to do a hunt with his son here for sometime and it just worked out last week. I'm sleeping in the bed Hank slept in, which might be a little weird actually. This isn't a hunting camp. It's a family home with a guest room.

They said he is mellow. He was with his teenage son. Doesn't party and carry on anymore. Has the second largest collection of ruger firearms in the world. Ruger itself hoods the largest collection. He bought 4 guns while he was visiting.

Don't start that crap in this thread. Start an anti hunting thread if you need.

Was a badly phrased reply - I will start another thread this week - a "help me understand hunting" one as opposed to an anti-hunting one as my ignorance gives me not right to criticise

Well, the reply to your reply wasn't exactly phrased too well either!

So who treed who today?:lol: It looks like my NH trip is being postponed until next wknd. :(

Well, the reply to your reply wasn't exactly phrased too well either!

No, I wasn't as nice as I could be. You know how I am Stig. I don't swing first but I usually hit hardest. In the end it often just turns out to be a case of misunderstanding because we can't offer body language and facial expressions to go along with your words to put the exact tone on them that we intend.

It is cool:)
I know you well enough to realize that if you'd taken a minute to cool off before replying, your reply would have been mellower.
You horrible killer of small ( and large) innocent cute furry animals, you!:lol:

But if we ever get an anti hunting thread, I'll be a major contributer.
Hunting here is mostly done by a bunch of overweight upper class assholes, trying to reclaim the last vestiges of their lost manhood by whacking grain fed pheasants by the hundreds, while swilling booze and badmouthing vegetarians:lol:

Fortunately I have been hunting deer, quail, sage grouse, chukar and an assortment of hares/rabbits when I worked in Idaho, so I have seen the other side of the coin a well.

I try to believe that it makes me less biased.
I'm after all, probably the only vegetarian hunter and beef grower this world has ever seen:lol:

We need more animals to hunt humans to make it all fair. There are a few like the big sharks, but people want to pet them and say that actually they are really nice!

If This or any other country could afford to raise a Natural Beef or the like, I may stop hunting. Actually No. I enjoy the chase as much as the kill as long as it is an Ethical hunt. There's one for the anti/don't understand hunting thread. None-the-less, the industry will not afford a natural unbiased product so I will continue to hunt big game as long as I am able. As it is, I only buy or barter for a grass fed, as natural as possible, beef pork or chicken.
FWIW I only kill what I intend to eat.

So you eat bear meat then? What do bears eat? I imagine them scavenging whatever they find, plus the roots and berries stuff, again pure supposition but I would have thought vegetarian bear would taste a lot better than carrion eating bear.

Back