Hunting 2012

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't keep the bear. I let the guy that wounded it have it. He was excited and didn't know the law of the land about who makes the kill. I got my kicks out of helping the fool out. I gutted it and handed it over to him. I should have taken my bear but he had already called his wife and kids jumping for joy. I just smiled and told him he owes me a coffee.

I only took home my buck and a doe. Like I said, one doe I killed was someone elses wounded doe in my group and she was FLYING down the mtn towards town. I shot her just to get her off her feet before she ended up in a bad place.

Very nice of you Chris. Ethical hunting can have its drawbacks, but it is the only way to go. Your still probably looking at 150-180 lbs do venison though. No?

He wasn't really gut shot though. Its hard to explain but it hit him in a fatty area where the back leg meets the stomach but didn't go through the gut itself.

Not quite that much Bud. But enough to compliment the half a pig I just picked up. I was more or less flying high yesterday on some outstanding shots I made. Basically giving myself a little pat on the back for anchoring 4 running animals. I don't seek out taking shots at running game, but I know myself and my guns and loads well enough that I am very comfortable in doing so.

We were doing drives Willie. When you do drives you need men and plenty of them. Otherwise I hunt with plenty of space around me.

So you do drives with random people? Just trying to understand. The only time I was ever part of a drive we all knew each other very well. I usually hunt alone or with 1 other person. Half the time when we hunt together its more carpooling as we go different ways and meet up later in the day

I always know the core group of guys I drive with but if someone brings a buddy or a family member then obviously there's a stranger in the gang. Typically I know everyone I do drives with. Most of the time is family and friends. But even in that event, if someone brings along a coworker or neighbor then we go to to having a stranger in the gang.

In the case of Saturdays hint I went to a buddys mountain and knew a few of the guys but not all. It was my first time hunting with them.

Willie, check out Greens FB page. The video he put up that says "this ones for you Chris" is from my hunt this fall. That sow took a swing when she came down the tree but you can't make that out because we all turned and jumped away from her.

Not winded at all. My heart was racing. That sow was angry. That panting was adrenaline.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkl4hebtNV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The pic does no justice but this doe was the size of a donkey. Last day of rifle season my buds pushed 24 deer ins row to me. They didn't come out to me like they typically do. They came out on the opposite end of a field. I got her at 300 or so yards. I wish the pictures showed his big she really was. I was shocked.
100MEDIA36IMAG0868.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0871.jpg

300 on the move. Im a good rifle shooter. I wish I was half as good with a bow. But I shoot rifles a lot. A real lot. I shops start giving my bow more focus.

You tell me when we leave and ill be spot on to 30 yards by then. Don't get me wrong, I am proficient with it, but I don't blow anyones mind. Im brutal to 20 yards but I get a little rough from there on out. Which causes me to give up a lot of great 30 yard shots at deer.

Back