Hunting 2012

Practicing 60 yards a few years back

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vVoLQTxUYlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Willie! Chris, that is more of what you need to practice. Although my last bull was 18 yds, most of your opportunities are between 30 and 50. I can put five in a soup can at 40 and a pie plate at 50.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I suppose I have a goal for the upcoming year Bud. I can do it. I need a different peep and sights on my bow to start. Im finding both are a hangup for me. Im going to start with getting my eyes checked and go from there. Im finding my pins have become blurry to me and they look enormous against the target. It hasn't always been that way. As a teen I killed several whitetails at 40 yards and that is out of the question these days. So, after an eye check ill decide it its time for a pair or googles or whether I need to go to the style of sights on my last bow.

I can ruin my arrows and fletchings by grouping them into each other at 20 yards but I go right to a 6-7 inch group at 30. The pin just blurs against my target and I no longer am aiming at a specific spot but more a specific area.

Willie. Nice shooting brother.

I am finding that 45 yr old eyes are giving me mild grief at times myself. It's a good thing my uncle in the next town is an Optometrist. I'll look at my new sights to see what they are and let you know. They are very easy to see in IMO.

Friend from southern Ohio. She usually takes a nice buck in bow season every year.

First with a gun. 82 yard shot without a rest, through the heart. I cant tell if she has a muzzleloader or shotgun in pic.

2012SherryDeer - Copy.JPG

Back