How'd it go today?

Well it just rained all day here so aside from cooking breakfast, I got nothing accomplished. Kids are all staying at my parents house and the wife and I are about to go out. 5 couples, all in their 40’s, about to go play laser tag. This should be interesting. Dinner and drinks to follow

Went to a Women’s ice hockey game, Buffalo Beauts vs Metropolitan (Jersey) Riveters. Buffalo lost 6-3 but it was a lot of fun, those ladies play hard! The only fight ended with the girl getting ejected from the game.

Well it just rained all day here so aside from cooking breakfast, I got nothing accomplished. Kids are all staying at my parents house and the wife and I are about to go out. 5 couples, all in their 40’s, about to go play laser tag. This should be interesting. Dinner and drinks to follow
Be prepared to be sore in places you forgot you had.

Total fire ban today...humidity 40% and windy...everyone on tenterhooks, there was an arson fire north of us yesterday afternoon...bastards.

If caught, they should be chained to a tree in the middle of the fire they started. Or another fire. Doesn't matter much I guess.

Crappy weather day here as well. Still managed to finally get the leaves raked up/last mow of the grass done, and then maintenance on the mower done so all ready to put away until spring. Broke in the brush monkey MS-250 for limbs/use by my son; ran 2 tanks of fuel through it, hope to get 2-3 more tomorrow. Went through rope bags, examined and cleaned up picks, and only had to move one climb line to rigging/tag line duty. Finishing up last few CEUs to keep my one InfoSec cert active, and then will go back to filling out the "oh so exciting" state contractor forms and NJ CTE application. May have to dig out a Rauchbier once done. :drink:

Yeah, enjoying this moisture north of the equator. Took down a few dying and dead bull pines in the horse pastures. That burning is a couple trees to help burn a 48 dbh stem i finally dropped that me and my climber Mike butchered out. There was still about 60 foot of stem still upright that needed a 2:1 pull away from the road. Wood peckers were a little pissed about losing their condo after a few years :lol:

Looks toasty Stephen. Gotta luv that stuff in the winter.

Rich: 40's laser tag lol. A man could almost go with a drink or two for that one.

Fiona: Oh quit showing off. Your weather as us all green with envy.

It went well enough. Both games we had at least four young kids playing. Little shits would shoot you and follow you around and shoot you again as soon as you were reactivated. And who thought it would be a good idea to make it a dark maze and then put blinking lights on the target pack you have to wear? How do you be stealthy with freaking blinky lights on you? Actually had fun. I just went all out action mode and walked through everyone. Just walk and shoot at everything that would blink. Got my ass handed to me by a ten year old once the scores were in😆

F'ing fires, two emergency ones started in Tasmania this afternoon...another firefighter died today on the mainland when his truck rolled after being blown by high winds.
Southerly change coming through now, storm with thunder and lightning gusty winds and a bit of rain thank goodness.

Just watching the Tas ones on the late news. Hot week coming so Victoria is in big trouble now, and looks bad for SA as well. South coast is still copping it.

We had a couple of storms on Christmas Eve and that helped a bit and the smoke has gone for now. It's nice to be able to take a deep breath again.

Nice bit of rain here at the moment but I can hear thunder rumbling...see what the morning brings.
Glad you can breath without smoke again Steve...
Wind switch, can smell the smoke from the southern fire now.

Fires in Tas seem to be under control for the moment thank goodness.
Little update, fires still on patrol, lots of lightning strikes last night, my area quiet but others real busy.
Couple homes lost up north :(

Last edited:
Watching an accident on the expressway behind my place.

Woman slid off the road into the water filled ditch and flipped…she got herself out through a broken window…she’s OK I heard but completely soaked…cold windy night here.

4-5 cruisers there now. waiting for the tow truck

Laser tag sounds awesome! Haven’t done it since I was a kid. Mount a bayonet on there and maybe they’ll go easier on ya next time ;)

Back