How'd it go today?

How's the Mom, Jim?

Good luck Rich.

I'm still cleaning up and discovering other things missing after the break in. Starting to bring out some more wood from the kiln, taking them down to the GF's place. Need front brake pads on the F150.

Rats...popped a brake line yesterday on my truck...luckily is a parking lot and only 8 miles from home.

Garage won't change just one line and want 1400 to do them all, so Nic (timbertramp) is coming up next weekend to install all new stainless steel lines in for me.

Getting ready to hoof the mile up to our little store to get a few groceries I need. Been quite a few years since I walked into town...like 40 or so :lol:

Looked at some work today, got the most of it, bits and bobs, topping and trimming, a morning here an afternoon there. Keeps the scoreboard ticking over, keeps the bank happy, not complaining.

Rats...popped a brake line yesterday on my truck...luckily is a parking lot and only 8 miles from home.

Garage won't change just one line and want 1400 to do them all, so Nic (timbertramp) is coming up next weekend to install all new stainless steel lines in for me.

I once had that problem in a '74 Gremlin. I managed to get it stopped without crashing, crimped the bad line with vice grips, added some brake fluid and was on the road again in minutes. Drove that old thing for a few more months with only three working brakes. Yes, I was young and dumb. Now I'm not so young anymore.

Eased into work in the new year. Had a nice 1/2 day of snipping and handsawing yesterday...some japanese maples, a purple smoke bush/ smoke tree, purple leaf plum, etc., at a waterfront house. Since I climbed one alder coming out of the bank last year, maybe year before, it failed in an storm on to the beach. After climbing it the first time, I didn't think I'd climb it again. Now for sure I won't.

Cleaning the shop some yesterday and today. Might be burger time, soon.

My renters, who have their own tiny house, are in the closing process of buying a property, and moving at the beginning of February. I'm going to lose some rental income, but regain some very useful real-estate with hardened parking areas, which I was about to work out elsewhere, as its the wet season, and field parking is getting soft. Hope to get some gravel next week to add some more level space for stacking lumber.

Stick a compression fitting on it. The fitting, flaring tool, and tubing cutter is cheap. Always works well for me, but in NY, it’ll fail inspection if they notice it. Unless it’s really close to another fitting they probably won’t notice.

Crimp the open line closed to get home in a pinch though.

It was the main line leaving the cylinder. Broke right behind the curve coming down at back of the front wheel well. They are all in really bad shape doubt any fixing would be possible...should have changed them all out at least two years ago.

I've broken lines on 2 separate occasions, different trucks, 5 hours from the house :/: i second the compression cap in a pinch if you can. I always just used regular steel line, it's good for at least 10 years or so even in Illinois. And I'm sure I'm not adding anything, but once one goes it's time to do them all...

I actually did some trees today! 3 little pine trees under the lines, 1 tomorrow and clean up

Back