How'd it go today?

Says the tree cutter downers.

Birds live in trees you know........

Correct. But this TCDer doesn't cut em down on a mass basis. And you know that. Do you think dt's environment record/positions are a problem regarding our environment?

So, back from vacation, and I step into a giant shit show! My pickup was left at the shop to deal w/an idling issue, and I told the mechanic (and left written instructions) to call my CELL phone if anything major was up so I could discuss/approve. Early Tuesday, he calls my HOUSE phone and leaves a message "Brian, please call me to discuss the truck". No details, no indication what the issue is, and he's now closed until the New Year, so I have no idea what the state of the truck is, nor can I just go take it, due to not knowing what he's done/not done! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH! :X:X:X

So I go home and respond to a call from a potential customer to do a clean up of a bunch of limbs downed from the ice storm we had about a week and a half ago, and say "Sure, no problem, I'll be there in about an hour and will take care of it". Go to the yard to get the truck and the chipper, hop in the truck, and ZZZZZZZZ, no power to the truck! After getting help from a friend, figure out how to check the battery/try to jump it and discover, "Whoops, you don't have one, but 2 batteries,and they look older than Bernie Sanders." And, I don't even have a big enough vehicle to try a jump (pulling a Dan the Tree Man in the mini-van again). So yank the batteries out and then have to go to 4 different auto parts shops to find one that had them in stock. Plop down $364, and away I go. By now it's dark, so I've already missed the job I was going to do (and when I called the homeowner to explain my predicament, they said "never mind, we'll find someone else"....:cry:) While getting the batteries out was easy, putting them back w/all the brackets & connectors was a frigging nightmare, and I had to stop before complete due to lack of daylight and to go pick up wifey from the train station.

My scotch glass will be quite large tonight...............

@BeerGeek , try going to farm stores, they will have the same thing for far less. Also look for a remanufactured place, i have an interstate battery here that does them, and you can get them at an even steeper discount.

Sucks missing out on a gig BeerGeek, especially due to equipment failure. Oh well. You're getting all the BS out of the way this year, and next will be smooth sailing. Hopefully...

@BeerGeek , try going to farm stores, they will have the same thing for far less. Also look for a remanufactured place, i have an interstate battery here that does them, and you can get them at an even steeper discount.
Kyle
Good tip on the farm store (didn't even think of it, but TSC appears to carry them, so they'll be my choice next time). Unfortunately, I need to head out early tomorrow am for a big job, and getting to my closest one would've just taken too much time (and seeing how I'm doing this full time now, couldn't really afford that kind of delay).

Oh i completely understand the need it now thing. Yeah if you can find a rural king, farm and fleet, e.t.c you would be gold.

@cory almost forgot to get back to you. I haven’t really sold wood in years. I’ve been to busy to mess with it and it’s just been a struggle to keep enough for me and my parents. Jason decided while I was away he was gonna pick up that TW-6. In four days I split enough for both houses. We talked about letting the kids do the firewood. Basically we will still be doing most of the work for now but have them help and Put the money from sales into accounts for them.
Anyhow, firewood around me tends to go for around 2-225 a cord. Plenty of guys selling it cheaper and a few much higher

Mmmm..... bacon

Unless you have a full blow processor selling firewood for money (profit) is a loosing battle. I sold wood for a good long time but it's not worth it. Plus finding time is ever diminishing and I just ain't getting up earlier like some wackos here :lol:

It was splendid.

Apple wood smoke.

6Hy2ViN.jpg

Thanks Rich. Good move getting the kids involved.

That bacon must be sinfully good. Where'd you get the pork?

Back