How'd it go today?

Thanks guys, now it would be a different story if I was doing tree work and doing these renos on the side.:)
Lots of time now to not make short cuts and think things through plus saving some money not hiring anyone.
But I've sure been tempted to hire someone :D

Ahhh...back home from another week of stump grinding. What with all the warming up, trips for fuel, water & propane, digging my way out to the road when it got plowed, production wasn't the best but then; that's Winter for ya. got a few hundred to do yet in the spring.

Been cold, snowing, and windy all week. I was only lasting about 2 1/2 - 3 hours each time out and then in to warm up. Just can't handle those 20-30 mph winds for too long. Sun peeked through just as I finished digging out the driveway this a.m. and the plow truck went by. By the time I made it to the local store to get water and fuel I decided it was a good window of opportunity to make the drive home. glad I did... sitting home roasting in 65f house.

So that's a wrap for this year, unless it gets drastically nice out for an extended period.

Now to shovel this place out...14" on my front steps when I got here. Weather channel says we've had 40" accumulated in the last 3 days. Just glad so much of it melted when it first started coming down.

It's been nothing but plow plow plow up here too Fiddler.

Took an old but almost new bar off a non-functional 041 farm boss and moved it over to my MS441, that's about as close to tree work as I got this week. . .

We received a couple saws back from Randy (mastermind), and I have to say, it is going to be hard to run a stock saw again. If anyone is on the fence to have work done by Randy, take the leap, he is easy to work with and does a great job.

:thumbup:

Dead wooded English walnut all day.. Watched the storm roll in at 300 feet elevation working on a ridge. Then picked up about 4-5000# of oak in the rain. All dry and ready to burn. Pick up some more tomorrow after we dead wood and chip some 100 plus foot ponderosa, Hopefully the weather will keep co-operating for a felling job, HO clean up on Sat.

Looks good.

My I pad seems to be glitching out. I had typed out a big post and all of a sudden it just 'crashes'. Kinda sucks the wind out of my sails for posting as it seems to happen everytime I type out a long post

I've been having a rough go of it. No staff, surgery on my hand in three days, my dad lined up to drive one plow truck while I'm trying to wrap my head around how ill plow in a standard pickup, one handed. Good times.

I've had to turn down a ton of work this fall as once I'm sliced I've got no cutter. Easy to say to hire but I can't see running with a green crew while I'm one handed and won't be able to do much, or turn wrenches. Hard to hire a decent guy around here in the fall/winter, the oil patch booms in the winter.

Looks good.

My I pad seems to be glitching out. I had typed out a big post and all of a sudden it just 'crashes'. Kinda sucks the wind out of my sails for posting as it seems to happen everytime I type out a long post

Post, and edit, if needed. Ending the post with a note to that effect. Losing a long post sucks.

I was organizing the bills in my wallet this morning (a little OCD, I know) and I found a 1935 1$ Silver Certificate. I've never seen one of those in circulation before. Probably not worth much.

Back