How'd it go today?

Facing front, right side up, smallest to largest denomination, ascending by date, serial number, Federal Reserve Bank, crispiest in the rear. You know, just your basic wallet housekeeping.

Had a nice first day off in quite a while. Breakfast at the local spot, shoveled one of the drives and started the second, got dogs nails clipped, picked up some groceries, got a Tree Stuff order done, did a couple loads of laundry and some other house cleaning...all at a nice mosey.

Wish I lived close enough to help out Justin. Hope things turn out for the best for you. Good luck with the surgery.

Page - mind if I look at your stove for a while to pretend i'm warm?:D

My wallet is so far gone organization-wise it resembles a purse.

You'll get by, Squish. Months from now you'll look back and say 'I survived"

What oil patch is everybody going to, and why only in the winter?

I gotta get ahold of mastermind this winter got a 200t that's beginning to irritate me. Also got a 201 that's out of warranty and would like to see how both could run when tweaked properly.

I fuggen made a mess... I descended a few times to help clean it up and came home.
6 more Ponderosa with hazard dead removed over walk areas and drive way. Client happy.. I am happy to be done and that I have more than a single throw line in the truck .... 2-4" limbs just exploding on gravel.
Most over 100 feet and dead wooded to 80-90.
Tomorrow rain. Or maybe felling trees.
See what comes of it.
Paul... the Wraptor is an amazing tool. Thanks man :thumbup:

You'll get by, Squish. Months from now you'll look back and say 'I survived"

What oil patch is everybody going to, and why only in the winter?

The tar sands. Northern Alberta.
I got a brother in law that runs a 'fracking' crew up there. That's where they inject a volatile mixture into wells to 'crack' them open to get more oil. Highly controversial as to the amount of groundwater contamination it's causing. 9 bills a day soothes his conscience. Grunt labourer, rig pigs, can pull 150g a year.

The winter is when it's all froze up so access/exploration is easier and they pretty much take all comers.

The money is insane up there, it gets really ridiculous for capable guys.

Trust me I think about shutting it down and heading up all the time.

I thought the oil sands were open pit mined, not fracked?

Some might be but most of it is drilled. One of the guys that worked for me this summer was a driller, actually ran the drill. 1200-1400/day.

I know another guy longtime friend who is a foreman on a large drill site up there 30g/month salary.
My old neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic, who isn't up there now but when he was he was pushing 30g/month but with supplying his own mobile mechanic truck(Chevy 5500 with a little crane/compressor/tooling).

If I wasn't worried about missing my daughter growing up, I would be up there.

I thought the oil sands were open pit mined, not fracked?

I don't know how to copy links with my ipad but if you google it, you'll see it's drilled for the most part, the oil is underground.

My bro in law often goes to Alaska to frack too.

We just had a 6.8 earthquake. I thought the place was going to come down, what a shaker! I was holding on to my wife, but no fun.

:O Dang Jay! sometimes I wonder how long you'll still be on the map there and above sea level. Hope you didn't sustain too much damage.

Some might be but most of it is drilled. One of the guys that worked for me this summer was a driller, actually ran the drill. 1200-1400/day.

I know another guy longtime friend who is a foreman on a large drill site up there 30g/month salary.
My old neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic, who isn't up there now but when he was he was pushing 30g/month but with supplying his own mobile mechanic truck(Chevy 5500 with a little crane/compressor/tooling).

If I wasn't worried about missing my daughter growing up, I would be up there.
Bloody hell, that really is serious money.

Yah, kinda depressing. My buddy the foreman has to supply his own pickup at that rate. I'm sure it must be a hardship, he keeps two loaded done up diesels on the go, leaves the 'work' one up there and the other one parked in his driveway and flys back and forth for the most part. Long hours and high stress, but obviously the compensation is there.

Regular working folks are becoming rich, working up there.

Thanks. No damage reports coming in yet, but something must have broken somewhere. i hear sirens though. Those long shakers can get to you, ones that seem to be building to a climax. Same here, Dave, wondering how long these islands will remain. At least the hot springs seem like they will continue to remain hot.

Squish, seemed like about thirty seconds, but then the sway continued without the rad shaking. So far small aftershocks that you can't feel, but the news says are happening.

Stay safe, Jay.

Squish are many folks worried about cancer balancing all that quick wealth? Maybe not if they aren't gonna live there full time.

I've heard worrying about cancer, gives you cancer.

I don't really know about the health risks, I've never looked into it to seriously myself. It wasn't uncommon for my old neighbor to be gone for upwards of two months at a time and then only home for maybe a week. More time off at Christmas, but not a lot. They want to keep it rolling steady. The big money comes with the overtime. My neighbor said he never worked less than 12hrs, and sometimes upwards of 16hrs. Brutal.

Back