How'd it go today?

Got called in at 4 this morning to plow snow. I hate snow. Got home around 3 and went sled riding with the girls. No good hills here so.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 87
I've done absolutely nothing today. Haven't set foot outside at all. Laid up with a head cold/sinus infection. I want desperately to go outside and cut some firewood, sharpen saws, ANYTHING OUTSIDE.....but common sense dictates otherwise.

Treesmith,

I had the same kind of day. I wanted to go out and split firewood, but I found myself buried in paperwork that needs to get into the mail. I got most of it done, but a guy can only sit at the desk for so long at one time.

Hope you feel better soon, my friend.

Joel

I've done absolutely nothing today. Haven't set foot outside at all. Laid up with a head cold/sinus infection. I want desperately to go outside and cut some firewood, sharpen saws, ANYTHING OUTSIDE.....but common sense dictates otherwise.

Is it bad weather. I've heard that a little bit of activity beats sitting around doing nothing, when you're sick.

A little activity indeed! I got so bored I did a few pushups, which nearly killed me as I am so sore in my joints. I haven't been worth shooting today. And it actually turned out to be a beautiful day after noon, though it was cloudy, cold and blustery this morning.

Yes its been worth it to come to Bermuda for storm cleanup, currently on day 15 straight.
Was going to look at a cable job this morning with my pal who has a large landscape/tree surgery company, massive jacaranda that is split at the base and has a failing branch, he's got the manpower and equipment, but when I called him this morning he answered from the hospital! He had a mini stroke, all the stress, and he,s my age!
Bucket truck day today...

Unexpectedly cold day today. Got a couple trees done with a crane and a couple with the bucket. The wind was really ripping so I was adding a lot of extra straps just in case. Just got my new jacket in the mail so tomorrow will be warmer

Tough day today, first day after a week out. Rigging/zipping some tall cotton woods....up to 115. They only about 35/ 40 years old, so they were bending like you wouldn't believe under load, coupe times I actually held my breath there. Kept telling myself 'well at least its not windy'. A wraptor actually would've been nice today, I must admit. Took me a while to spur through all the ivy on the last tree, it was 2:30 by this time also and been dehydrated since all that flying on sunday, fir some reason. I did get some video of the last stages of the last couple of trees, I'll look over it at some point.

Productive training day took a good ride with a pine top that should have run another 20ft or so and stopped gentle like. Had it by days end for the most part.

Amen...
Had to ride the ride today since nothing could run... Tons of shat too small to tie into and no high TIP on some of it.. Finished a lot of cuts with the Silky so I could prepare for the fun... Getting sick of dead trees.
On the up side, I pumped a 8 hour bid in 5 hours with just Kat and the HO. Surprised the shat out of myself...

Grendel- got two jackets. One of the arborwear canvas and one of those Hi vis jackets. Man thoes are warm and waterproof and $50. Not bad

This is about the closest I'll get to felling a tree this year since taking ownership of our new home last August.
Since August I decided to take the rest of the year off and do some major renovations to the new place and then get a fresh start slaying trees in the spring.

Just finishing up this hot tub room to spare bedroom conversion. I've never laid a carpet down before but my red neck improvisation to stretch the 12'x10' foamed back carpet worked pretty darn good..... using felling wedges, 2x4" and nails for dogs.
Only had an hour to tighten it up after spreading the glue down on the concrete floor, so made sure I had everything cut , ready and tested . 20141119_142136.jpg

which hi viz? Link?
I got it at the trade show in hartford but they didn't have my size. They shipped it free. I believe the company is called majestic and the jacket is the transformer. Sleeves zip off and fleece lined comes out. I'd look around on line cause I've seen them everywhere from $50-$100

Dead wooded 4 white oaks,1 willow oak, and 1 red maple today. All bucket work. Done by two. Boom runs awful slow when it's 20 degrees outside. I had the guys clean the trucks out while I went home. Not feeling well so it's off to bed. Got a whole mess of ash to remove tomorrow. Hope this funk passes tonight as the ash trees are along a busy enough road and I need to be alert. Good news is I found out they're giving me a company truck in a few weeks. It gets picked up Saturday and over to get plow, salter,strobes , and lettered.

Good work there, Willard...I've put felling wedges to work several times myself, outside of their intended function, over the years. Mechanical advantage rules!

Back