How'd it go today?

Not bad. My wife has been selling eggs for five or six years. There was damned near a uprising when we upped the price to 2 bucks from a buck fifty.

They said we were ripping them off, but we got more customers with the price hike!

Our yolks are orange and have a stronger flavor than store bought. They are free range.

Free range eggs are the berries! Charley's beef is the best I've tasted ever...free range Texas longhorn.

It's a good trade off...I,ve dumped him a couple years worth of hardwood to burn (still have too big a pile here).

6 hrs with a crane three locations two days of cleaning up been working mega hrs and phone keeping about 10 new estimates a week. Thinking some delegation needs to happen. Not been on much but do read. Be well be safe.

Butch, do you have a genetic predisposition to high bad cholesterol? My 350 pound brother told me that the only person he knew of with less cholesterol than him, per his blood work, was me. At the time I was early twenties and ate fast food (hydrogenated/ trans fry oil) and whole eggs a lot.

Your body produces cholesterol in the liver. Some people will have high C regardless of their intake, and vice versa.

There is iron in the yolk.

6 hrs with a crane three locations two days of cleaning up been working mega hrs and phone keeping about 10 new estimates a week. Thinking some delegation needs to happen. Not been on much but do read. Be well be safe.

Bloody hell! I feel like someone just run in the room, shouted some stuff, then ran out.

Good you're busy!

I've taken the day 'off'. Change knives, flip anvil, sharpen saws, yada, yada. Still nice to be off of production for a week day.

I went for a hike in the bush last weekend and had a pleasant surprise finding Manitoba's second largest waterfall right here in my own back yard.

Last photo shows my neighbor and his dog standing above the falls.

20141101_154019.jpg 20141101_154119.jpg

Great photos Willard.

Been deadwooding pines on the lakeshore, and getting the place ready for winter. Almost have everyones firewood cut up. :|:

It's a nice view, I'll take some pictures next time I'm up. Calling for snow tonight.

Had a good morning...blasted out a bunch of removals for an addition to a house. It kept raining harder as the day went, and we were fairly wet & cold so finished and called it a day rather than head back to another job we have going.

While reading some of the other threads here about the troubles some guys are having with there helpers, I'm reminded how much I appreciate Nick (timbertramp) working with me. We usually communicate very well, and he is quite familiar with my way of doing things by now. He also brings a pretty good knowledge base of his own to add from his logging days. It's not always perfect, and I don't expect it to be, but the good far outweighs any bad that might occur. It's been a pretty good season this year, best year I've had actually.

Good post Fiddler, had a good run myself, good weather, machinery holding up, new grinder pulling its weight, and some!
Back is pain free, groundys happy cos of early finishes, take it while it's there.

I broke into somebody's shop today!
I found some nice coated 21 mm. plywood for boxes in my horse stable on E-bay. In the opposite end of the country, but about $650 cheaper than I could get them local, plus I could pick up the rubber mats for the floor on the way back and save $250 in shipping on those. That made it worth the drive.
After a 5 hour drive, the seller isn't there as promised and does not answer his phone.
I waited an hour, then popped he big sliding door to his shop off the rail with a wrecking bar from my truck, loaded the plywood, left the money, popped the door back on the rails and went home.
I sent the guy an SMS explaining what I'd done, and this evening he called me and apologized for standing me up.

I sure felt a bit weird breaking into his shop, but he was completely cool about it ( not that he has much choice)

Stopped by an account this am and dropped out two tops of a large dying blue oak on two different sides of a fence. Katy then showed up to make fire wood and burn piles of it for 5 hours. Still more to do there and drop the spar.
Then went and did a multi leader live oak mistletoe removal. Rocked that casbah and moved on. Did a shat load of errands and took the truck out to the back 40 with the splitter to gather some down pine for the bon fire tomorrow.
Day off tomorrow (sort of) setting up the bon fire and lighting her up. Should be another fun and successful evening :)
One job cancelled after the estimate yesterday and another two rolled in.
Works for me... Scheduled through most of January now...

Bad day in high winds. End weight/reducing firs over a house. Trees up to 130. I haven't had to hang on like that in many a year....was getting nothing done for what seemed like long periods, waiting for the gusts to stop. Awful feeling being up there.

Attempting to install a dump hoist on the pick-up. What a pain. Got the hot water heater replaced and the new hot tub cover arrived today so it was a "hot" day.

Back