How'd it go today?

Forgot an estimate tonight. It's rare that I do that. Very rare. I hate when I do it though. I almost dread playing the messages on the machine when I get home. I know one of them is a deserved ass chewing.

Is it Halloween in the USA? Trick or treat! I'm off to a giant bonfire and fireworks shortly where ill meet up with my kid all jacked up on candy!

yep. No one comes down our street anymore as the kids here are all grown and they have turned it into an industrial drive.

Spent all day back-filling a sea wall with our little JD350. We've been getting some strange storm-surges out of the NE which are tearing up the beaches around here.

DSC04010.jpg

An old friend cut his foot down to the bone working his firewood pile last week. He's an older fellow, backup preacher at the church, and I work with his wife. Put three tanks through the 576 before the sun went down after work, and told him I'll finish up next week. He's got about five full cord to slice up, split, and stack, and the snow is already flying up here. . .

Cooling down here as well now, getting the wood from the barn to the back door, another plus point for the Kubby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 74
Nice day today. Extremely happy customer wrote a check when we finished up.:)

Headed over one block to the next job and took down 1/2 that was left of a broken black Oak to start the next job then called it a day.

Think we may have hit another honey-hole in this neighborhood judging from the amount of cards we handed out and folks who have talked to us about doing their trees.

Went and removed what was left of a storm damaged silver maple. Four loads of wood of it. High light of the day was when the 80 year old home owner showed us his 1943 knucklehead. A bit dusty but what a beautiful machine. 18K original miles. Told us he'll have us back in the spring to do some trimming and will have it shined up and fired up for us

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 54
Nice.8) Amazing what some people have stashed away.

Cleaned up a fallen tree from friday's storm, fun job. State Emergency Service hacked it off the driveway and gates and neatly hurled it all in a big pile.:|:

Mostly volunteers or work for the dole, fair dinkum you wouldn't give them a job. At least they didn't leave anything behind this time, I usually end up with something. I've found chains, tools, ropes and all sorts of things they've left behind. In the old days the SES called us first, now they go and just leave a mess.

Should be a good day today... Took down a couple oaks on a property yesterday and came home and split some pine for the guy. So taking the splitter and making them into fire wood. Stack it all on pallets I have to go pick up this am. Rob will probably handle getting that all set up while I take out some hazard dead out of an old Oracle oak ... Should be a relaxing day of it.

We loaded up the chicken plucker, killing cones, turkey fryer, and propane tank, then headed over to my son's house for a day of chicken butchering. We have 50 chickens to get cleaned up and placed in the freezer today. Should be a great day, as we'll have plenty of help. I wish I had a Go-Pro camera, as this would be a great way of showing folks the entire process, from beginning to end.

Joel

Sounds like a fun day Joel.

Dropped, limbed and bucked a couple trees for another contractor in the rain this am and called it a day.

Nap time8)

I don't eat much chicken...but I sure do go through eggs...Think I might have scored my last free dozen from my farming buddy. Charley keeps me supplied for free all season while his Hens are laying.8) They are just about finished for the year now:cry:, guess its eggs from the store for a few months again...

Feel good day here.
I had that Oracle free of hazard dead and then some in less than an hour. Came out of the tree and started putting my climb gear away. Rob asks, "You are already done!?". YUP!
I cleaned it up by myself since he was still splitting wood and then gave him more to split :lol:
SRT from one TIP all three leads. Found a cracked leader so I am going to try and sell some cabling.
Fun day!

Took out a decent sized silver maple again along with two chestnut trees and a handful of small spruce. Nothing to tough just a lot of roping. Got the bad news I was fearing with my personal bucket truck. A new radiator cap didn't fix the problem. The mechanic and I both think my head gasket is leaking combustion into the cooling system. I'm hoping it's just the gasket and not a warped or cracked head. It WAS a beautiful day.

Back