How'd it go today?

Practiced turkey on grill....11lb bird. Gonna try 20 lb on Tday
I love my green egg........nice and juicy

image.jpg image.jpg

Stuffed with pears , honey crisp apples and fennel, celery

Gall dang comfort food I say!!!!!

Cept for stig.......you could eat the apples I guess

Sweet :thumbup:
I'll have to try some fruit stuffing in the near future.
Apples I have done.. pears, not yet.
Most everyone loves my good old fashioned bread with sage stuffing.
On the grill, the fruit makes total sense as well.. My taste buds are singing from here

Slept in today, much needed rest. Spent the afternoon cutting wood with one of my boys, and started training the dogs for indoor winter living (one is flawless in the house but the puppy and the younger dog keep taking turns looking for and finding trouble) I guess when it gets cold out we will see if the house survives lol

Managed to get the last tree down on the job and cleaned parking lot side all up. Got too dark for the back yard so will finish up alone tomorrow with what little is left then have about 8 places to grind stumps at the next day or two.

I have one more tree to do here before I call it a season. Will talk to Nick tomorrow about what he might need help with and then it's up North to do stumps 'til I can't stand it.

I was short Katy today and will be tomorrow as well. Her and the kids are sick. Took down one decent size grey quite dead grey pine I had to make smaller to fit in a narrow DZ. Was everything to get it done before dark after a late start (sick delay... I was nurse and cook before tree man today). One down and so many more to go. All chipped and bucked to firewood so the wood rats will make it disappear. Whew... Then off to an estimate on two more trees and then dinner and boy scouts.... I am whooooped and just thinking about dinner for myself at this point.

Bank holiday here today, got ready for a couple of big cedars tomorrow. Just started raining, True Grit on tv now (the John Wayne one)
Perfect!

Yep. I will never do a big hedge again. In fact. I called the one I have thursday and said find someone else.

Hedge=suck fest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 46
climbing wibbly wobbly baygrapes, pruning out the storm damage...wait for rain shower to pass then cut out a shattered branch in a poinciana. the new 131 polesaw is earning its keep!

Canceled my scheduled job to go clean up 11 small branches that were not to spec so the Hoa would release a check grrrrr......
Lessons learned: extras are extra. And commercial accounts suck.
Hard too as my residential clients get put off to do the big blocks of work the commercial jobs require. Could just be growing pains but sure don't make one feel real good.

Got soaked here too, wasn't a fun day at all. The good news is I ordered a skid sprayer for next spring and it will be here in a few weeks.

Hollow as all get out blue oak today. Has bees in it. They co-operated. A large limb fell off and prompted action.
Pictures maybe tomorrow.. Was not my choosing, but it still stands. Bees feel ok about it.

Back