How'd it go today?

Is that a Ford? You're not really supposed to Flip Over, Read Directions.

That was on purpose...right?

Everything OK Dave?

I don't think that's how the manual says to take the starter out...

My 2 oldest wanted to climb for the first time in a while. Happy to oblige. Did a lot of swinging as well. James (11 y.o.) learned how to bomb down with the Unicender as well as hang upside down while flying through the air.

Wife returned from a cousins wedding in South Carolina. They got married yesterday which was our anniversary. We were all happy to see her after 3 days.

Attachments

• IMG_9337.jpeg
    IMG_9337.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9336.jpeg
    IMG_9336.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9335.jpeg
    IMG_9335.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
A great week end here. Wife and I went out to dinner last night and my F-I-L kept the kids. This morning was a good work out plus I ran 2&1/2 miles. Then my wife wanted to take the dogs for a walk so I loaded 40 pounds in the back pack and hiked a mile with her. Then checked off some things on the honey do list. Took the mini and grinder up to the neighbors since I forgot to grind some stumps for him earlier in the week. Burnt a ton of undesirable firewood (rotten and big knotty pieces) and started prepping the garden for planting.

I'm sort of at a stopping point for my sawmill cleanup. I've got some paying work for tomorrow and then I'm going to focus on processing all the odd pine logs. They are going to be timbers, boards, or dunnage. It all depends on what they look like when I open them up. I tried a panoramic shot, but it doesn't show the whole yard. The second shot is around the slab pile to the left of the panorama. Before I started cleaning, you could barely get a gooseneck through the yard, nevermind try to load/unload it.

20240408_165615.jpg 20240408_165750.jpg

I saw my first total eclipse today and I didn’t need to miss work or travel! It was really cool but I think the setting I was in reduced the spiritual vibe! I am doing electrical work for a chain called Uranus Fudge Factory. They have billboards on all the major highways advertising “The best fudge comes from Uranus.” At the location they treat it like it’s a town called Uranus. Lots of signs like “We can grab your nuts” and as you drive out “Be careful pulling out of Uranus” They had a eclipse party today with a DJ blasting loud music. He kept saying “This is the day when the sun don’t shine in Uranus.” He did turn off the music for totality but then started up right afterwards. I kept working as the moon gradually covered the sun. I would occasionally slip on my glasses and check out the moons progress. The light very gradually got dimmer but it was always enough for me to keep working without my headlamp. Then totality was instantly dark and I could see stars! Three minutes later the light turned on again instantly.

You seem to have quite the interest in skeletal remains. I know a guy who recovers the carcasses of dead animals and removes all of the flesh using acid (some Jeffrey Dahmer sounding kind of shit, I know) and then uses the bones (mostly the skulls) for art projects and puts the resulting pieces onto mounts. Anyways, I think skeletal remains are fascinating, although, I'm probably not as into it as you are. I would love to have a decorative bull skull or a ram's skull.

Bull Skull.jpg Ram Skull.jpg

skullbliss.com has a lot of really cool items for sale.

Last edited:
It's a great time of year; to finally be able to get outside and begin to do things again always feels good.
Bad time of year for us Arizonians who live in the desert. Already have had a day about a week ago that reached 86 degrees. Going to get hot pretty soon and I'm glad I'm jumping ship from this state by mid-July. I'm sure your weather is considerably milder right now. Our Fall and Winter is like most people's Spring, our Spring is like most people's summer, and our Summer is like living on Mercury.

It was decent enough that I actually took the Jag out for a run to the barbershop. Which from here is an hour round trip. So why did a 20 minute haircut add up to a 2 and a half hour trip???
:D

I still love driving this close-to-collectible grand touring XKR. 24 years old, and just a smidge over 100k on the clock now. Be 9 years I've had it come mid-summer.

Back