How'd it go today?

Yeah, liquid cooled.
No, not going to keep it.
Simplest solution is to sell it local, recoup her funds and reorder.
The place she ordered it from will cover shipping on return. but then we wait for refund, or replacement. She needs her laptop for school. Kind of pressing. Could take weeks how they want to go about it. They won't be out any money.

If i only had that back in my counterstrike days back at U of Illinois! Yeah that's overkill for most stuff, but for serious gaming that's where it's at. The guys in the room next to me with a shared bathroom (dorm) were both amazing at it, and were in the invite only leagues, right below doing it for a living back then, and they were pretty good teachers. Now they give scholarships for it, no kidding, was working with a guy who's cousin had a half ride or something.

If i only had that back in my counterstrike days back at U of Illinois! Yeah that's overkill for most stuff, but for serious gaming that's where it's at. The guys in the room next to me with a shared bathroom (dorm) were both amazing at it, and were in the invite only leagues, right below doing it for a living back then, and they were pretty good teachers. Now they give scholarships for it, no kidding, was working with a guy who's cousin had a half ride or something.
@Tree09 Counterstrike is the best computer game; hands down! I used to be in a clan and we would eat 133t c3r3@1 and $1@y N00bz (lmao)

@Treeaddict Yeah, you're probably right. I've been looking for a new job for so long that I've forgotten how little time I still have left in the 'Zona (not sure if anyone else calls it that, but I'm trademarking it as of now...with an imaginary trademark).

Shit. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck sweating my ballz off in a kitchen and working a deep fryer with 12 separate vats with 12 separate timers/thermostats for awhile, plus the finished fry warmer on the far left. Not only do I sometimes have to cook 12 different things at once, for 12 different times, quick to get everything out of the fridge and measure it/or count the individual pieces of chicken or onion rings, etc., but I also have to salt and package fries with the quickness. It's like operating a space ship that boils oil and burns you when you drop baskets too quickly.

Don't judge me and my shitty job. Yes, I do fast food. Recalling what I do for a living doesn't fill me with pride. But I also give zero f*cks, so that's why I'm telling ya'll. :D

I am a Jedi of the tongs.

EDIT: ...a shitty space ship that reminds me that I'm poor every time I work.

Last edited:
Good on you. If I had to spend another single second in any version of hamburger hell, I would no shit kill myself. I cannot do the food industry again, I just can't.

Good on you. If I had to spend another single second in any version of hamburger hell, I would no shit kill myself. I cannot do the food industry again, I just can't.
I've been on self-appointed suicide watch since I started this job. Everyone else in the hamburger hell gets to enjoy air conditioning. My A/C is ruined by a multitude of boiling oil vats; my work safe kicks and uniform (which, by themselves, make me want to hang it up because their so stupid) are coated with oil after every shift and I smell like French fries every time I come home, until I take a shower, which is the last thing I feel like doing after standing up for 8 hours. So I go to bed with the odiferous scent of poverty filling my nasal cavities.

Last edited:
I can literally do a running slide from the walk in freezer to my smaller, home sized double freezer near my fryer, which is probably 30 feet away. That's how much grease is on the floor. It's impossible to mop up. That running slide is the only thing that gives me joy during my work day and looks pretty badass, too, as I double fist bags of fries, onion rigs, and chicken tenders.

I've been on self-appointed suicide watch since I started this job. Everyone else in the hamburger hell gets to enjoy air conditioning. My A/C is ruined by a multitude of boiling oil vats; my work safe kicks and uniform (which, by themselves, makes me want to hang it up because their so stupid) are coated with oil after every shift and I smell like French fries every time I come home, until I take a shower, which is the last thing I feel like doing after standing up for 8 hours. So I go to bed with the odiferous scent of poverty filling my nasal cavities.
I understand why you had problems with drinking. I would too, if I survived to the first check...

Be thankful you have indoor plumbing. After a long, often dirty day, I get to boil water in pots to run a camp shower setup.

I really like river birch. I'd get some, but I'm out of room. A dawn redwood took the spot I was thinking about putting a birch in.

edit:
Thinking about it... I may have a place for some birch since I took down that ash. I'll have to give that some thought. Might conflict with the Japanese maple. That's only ~3" tall at this point though, and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to growup. I'm hoping that makes it through spring unmolested. That and my chestnut got eaten last year. I need to inspect the barriers I put up to keep critters out.

Last edited:
Spot's water bowl was missing again this morning, and I couldn't find it this time. I replaced it with a heavy terracotta dish. Unless it's a human, let's see if whatever dickhead animal can carry that off. That stainless bowl I was using is cursed. I found it at the back of the farm last year. Looked like some animal picked it up and carried it there. Sucks. That was a good bowl for Spot.

Spot's food dish was moved this morning. It didn't make it off the patio. Probably not fun, cause it's a broken polystyrene tray that's wired together, so it flaps around. I'm starting to get annoyed. I might setup an old cell phone and snap a pic every ~5 seconds, and see if I can capture whatever's screwing around with my stuff. You wait. It'll probably be my annoying righthand neighbor :^D

Spot's food dish was moved this morning. It didn't make it off the patio. Probably not fun, cause it's a broken polystyrene tray that's wired together, so it flaps around. I'm starting to get annoyed. I might setup an old cell phone and snap a pic every ~5 seconds, and see if I can capture whatever's screwing around with my stuff. You wait. It'll probably be my annoying righthand neighbor :^D
Maybe you do it sleepwalking

Private works been quite then picked up in the last month or so. Worked through Easter for 1 client with my largest ever quote price for tree reports being accepted. Client was happy with the full report being delivered by the due date so that they could go to tender ASAP. Got my Heavy Rigid truck licence yesterday which was pretty good given my past experience with truck driving schools and the likes. Worked today doing a few small take downs and tree pruning works. All going well ill be going to Iceland in October for 9 days, first international flight and everything.

Finally had a day without rain yesterday. To wet to do anything though. Got a few things done at around the house. My brother and his family came over for dinner and I talked him into helping split wood for an hour. We knocked out a good chunk of the pile. I’m going to stack after breakfast. Should be another great day😎

Went out to look at the boxwood, but decided to hold off for awhile. I want to see what I did turns into, and get a better feel how to progress. I milled that small ash stem I dropped. Check this out...

IMG_20240414_133753681.jpg

I think I need a new bolt :^D That didn't happen today. Must have been one of the times my saw slipped in the mounts. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before. My chains never looked rocked, and milling's so slow anyway, I guess the chain felt like normal wear.

Well I got tired of being nagged so I shortened the grass today. So did the neighbor so we called it a draw. I also weed whacked and got the garden tilled up. Then (big surprise) it rained. Not terribly long but enough to be agitating. Finally some sort of seafood dinner boil that my wife picked up at the store. It was good but to much like work for me to want on a regular basis.

I'm thinking fox, or raccoon. I'm not that familiar with fox. Can they be trolls?
I think it's the fox. I just heard Spot yell, and I shined a flashlight outside. She was on her perch by the fire rocks, and I saw eyes shining on the hill. Focused the light, and the fox ran away behind the property. She's done pretty well keeping the fox away, but I'm a little worried about her. If nothing else, she could get pretty torn up in a real fight. I'd like it if the fox went somewhere else.

Back